Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62598 10/28/07 01:58 PM
JayK Offline OP
OP Offline

Howdy All,

I just have a few questions about when to do chi gathering and which one to do; the long version or the short version.

On my days off, I do the following:

First, I do Level 1 for various aches and pains, then I do the long version of gathering chi (massaging kidneys, tapping arm meridians), then I do the exercises to increase flexibility in my hips and legs.

Next, I do Level 2, then sit in the half-lotus for an hour of the microcosmic orbit. Finally, I end with the simplest of the two Chi gathering methods, i.e., massaging the ears, rotating the head.

So, would it be better if I waited until I was done with Level 1, Level 2, and the sitting meditation before I do any chi gathering? If so, should I do the long version or short version.

I have a chronic knee problem, so I'm not ready to abandon the level 1 exercises just yet. And I think the Level 2 work along with the sitting is helping me a great deal when I work on others.

I've learned a lot just lurking on the forum, and do appreciate any replies or suggestions.

Sincerely,
Jay

JayK #62599 10/29/07 09:31 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha JayK,

Active exercises first, followed by sitting meditation, followed by harvesting of Chi (unless going to sleep, then you'd do it when waking). Long or short, it's up to you.

The long version.

Much Love, Shawn

JayK Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey Shawn,

Thank you very much for the quick response and clarification. I'm hoping that sitting in the half lotus will eventually allow me to do the full lotus.

I'm planing to fly out from North Carolina for the next Level 3 class, and look forward to meeting everyone.

Sincerely,

Jay

JayK #62601 11/01/07 04:06 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha JayK,

If you're talking about the Level Three class/Retreat coming up this weekend, my wife will be there and I may stop in for an evening mediation or two . It's only about 10 minutes from my home, so I just need to secure someone to watch Mr. Handsome for a couple hours.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved