Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62858 11/13/07 10:53 PM
OP Offline

Hi - I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has used paraliminals to help them with studying.

I have a few of the paraliminals and have seen good results from them especially in my workplace. I have been working on complex transactions and my work has been recognised by my client his lawyers and other members of staff. I do not know what I have done really, other than just listen to the paraliminals on a general level ie no specific goal in mind. I think that this is an area in which I currently lack clarity and therfore find it difficult to set goals.

My current problem is that I am studying for professional exams (an area I am not familiar with) and would like to be able to get my books out and study without constantly putting off the task. I have taken many exams before, recently also, but find that I cram everything in at the end, usually with good results, my last exam I was awarded a distinction, although I am not exceptionally clever, it is the cramming I think, that gets the results. For me to fail an exam would be bad. Is this something that keeps me putting off getting my books out as I know in the end I will cram as much as I feel I need to in order not to fail?

I am a busy young Mum with 2 children and working fulltime so I do have other commitments to think about. Please can someone give me some guidance, my exam is in February and I am currently 6 weeks behind and have Christmas coming up etc. I would like guidance on what paraliminal to use and how.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this post.

ps Is there a para that can help with setting goals?? I know what mine are but need assistance in getting there. Life Coach springs to mind but they are too expensive.

Thanks again

I think that Personal Genius is great for learning and studying in general. I usually feel a lot more resourceful after I listen to it.

Hope that helps.

Memory supercharger as well.

So, you have goals and need help attaining them? Depends on what has happened that made attaining goals hard in the past...

I am thinking of the following combo: side B of New History combined with Automatic Pilot and Get Around To It.

Automatic Pilot will help quell bad habits and negative self-talk, and re-enforce good behaviours. New History side B helps you to reflect on the day- what brought you closer, further, etc from your goal, what you will do next. Get Around to It- for drive and motivation.

All the best

vitaman

I think I would add focus and concentration to the list

I have found this disc has helped me keep focused during my study, then when I am done my mind isn't re-hashing everything, I can let it go and get on with my other commitments and family without being distracted.
This makes me fresher when I hit the books again and when I am talking to the kids I am actually listening to them :-)

OP Offline

Many thanks to you all for your advice.

Following your suggestions, I have tried the Personal Genius and after studying I listened to the memory supercharger. I was amazed with the results just after one hearing!! I was able to really focus on my study, read alot of difficult text and even managed to complete an assesment at the end of the chapter with good results. Thank you

Vita-man - I do not have the new history or automatic pilot - do you? If so I was wondering what you used them for and how you used them. I seem to remember thinking that some of the other paras that I had did a similar job? I am going to have another look on the website at what they do.

I have been using the focus and concentration for work with good results.

Thanks again

Tres-Chic x

Yes- I have both. New History is probably my most used para. Side a for cleaning up past stuff and side b for processing the last day and setting up for the next. I dont use Automatic Pilots much- but when I do it is good at helping me stay on track and eliminate negative self talk.

I too love the focus and concentration one!

vitaman

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved