Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62878 11/14/07 04:01 PM
OP Offline

Hi,

I have a few questions. My first is related to the first step in the method. 1) DO I have to prepare (purpose and ideal state) every time before I preview, post view and super read/dip?

2) What is the difference between preview and super read/dip an article? Is it almost the same thing, right? It seems like after previewing the first time and have gathered a list of trigger words, then I start creating questions (say 10 questions). Once I formulated the questions, I once again prepare and preview to find the answer to my first question. I do this process 10x. Maybe after a while, I might be able to just do it in one run because right now I don't remember all the questions I formulated.

3) Sometimes when dipping, I read a phrase in my mind. Is this sub vocalizing?

hope someone can help answer my questions,

thanks

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:

I have a few questions. My first is related to the first step in the method. 1) DO I have to prepare (purpose and ideal state) every time before I preview, post view and super read/dip?

It's like asking do I have to turn on the computer if I want to search the web. Yes you need to prepare and check your purpose each time.

Quote:

2) What is the difference between preview and super read/dip an article? Is it almost the same thing, right?

Not the same. preview an article, you just look at the heading and maybe have a quick read of the last paragraph. You decide if you're interested in knowing more.

Superread and dip you are getting the main point of the article. Short articles you SR&D once and if you really want more, rapid read.
Quote:

3) Sometimes when dipping, I read a phrase in my mind. Is this sub vocalizing?

Yes. And necessary if you want to understand what you are reading (according to a research released early march 2008)

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved