Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jade Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi there,

Has anyone had any success with changing their limiting beliefs using Belief paraliminal? I have limiting belief that I never finish any of my projects.

I’d like to change that to: “I always finish each and every project I start” but my body doesn’t respond well. I tried it 3 times and I always get angry during listening session.
I just don’t want to listen to this paraliminal anymore. This is strange because usually I have very nice relaxing feeling after listening to the paraliminals.
Please advs.

Thanks,

Jade

If you get angry, that means there is a conflict. I experience a similar problem with the self-esteem paraliminal: everytime I hear it, I feel real sad. Usually I listen to them in bed, when I go to sleep and, in this case, I know the next day I will feel miserable...and I avoid listening to it. I would like to know how to solve this...if I knew how, I would give you a better reply than a mere identification with your problem.

I haven't experience this myself with a paraliminal but would recommend Natural Brilliance which gets rid of stuck states
Hope you solve your problem

Hi Jade and rbarata,

Earlier this year I read The Sedona Method. Hale Dwoskin talks about how, in some cases, negative beliefs are hard to shake because there is a hidden benefit that we don't want to give up.

Could that be the case with you two? Maybe a fear of change is causing the conflict. Jade, if you finish your projects, you'll move away from where you are now and improve yourself, maybe get a promotion, a different job, move to a new town. That sounds good on the surface, but change is very disruptive. We get used to who we are, even when we don't like it. If you begin to finish projects, you will be out of your comfort zone for awhile until you get used to being "a person who finishes projects."

Maybe there's a hidden satisfaction in being right about your own negative self-talk. I'm dealing with this one myself. My self talk has been, "I don't really deserve to make a lot of money, because I was really irresponsible with it when I was younger." The hidden benefit in that belief is that I'm right about it. "See? Told you. I can't make money." rbarata, is it possible you feel validated when your theory about your own low self-esteem is proved?

Hale Dwoskin says this usually isn't something you consciously recognize, so it's nothing to feel guilty about. If you can recognize it, you can take action to get rid of it.

With my issue, I decided to use the Belief paraliminal to install a very simple belief: "Change is good and I am safe." That helped act as a stepping stone to creating a new belief about money.

Until I did that, I didn't feel any better about money. Now I'm finally starting to make some headway.

If you have New Option Generator, you could use that to give yourself a new way to think about potential hidden benfits that might cause resistance.

Hope this helps.

Best always,

Dave

"Always" is quite a contract- I wouldnt be surprised if my unconsious mind reacted to that. I avoid using the following words: -Always, Never, But, Not, Don't- in my self talk and especialy when setting goals and intentions.

With that particular paraliminal, if I am getting reactions or not getting results, I reframe my goal or belief until it works. Play with the phrasing, watch out for thos words, and see what happens.

vitaman

Jade Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear rbarata, oztinks, Dave and vita-man,

Thank you so much for your response.
I think Dave is right – I AM afraid of the change. Because once I start finish what has to be finished, my life could change dramatically. I’m not bragging or something but all my teachers said I was very talented artistically, and I have a good chance to become famous.

I never though of this before but… I am actually REALLY afraid of being famous. One of the most important things for me is PRIVACY, and I believe that being famous means losing your privacy. Also I’m afraid that if I become rich I could lose my current friends…

Gosh, this is much more complicated than I thought!

I think I’ll try the “Change is good, and I’m safe” belief for a while and see how it feels.

I’ll keep you posted.
Thank you again for the help!

Jade

4al Offline

Maybe like me you are feeling sad and these emotions are there and you need to feel them and through feeling them move on. As I said in my post on my divorce, the pain I am feeling after listening to the paraliminals, self esteem included, is so bad I am reduced to crying on the train into work and howling into a pillow when I get home but at least I am feeling something and not doing my usual trick of pretending I am aright.

Quote:

I never though of this before but… I am actually REALLY afraid of being famous. One of the most important things for me is PRIVACY, and I believe that being famous means losing your privacy. Also I’m afraid that if I become rich I could lose my current friends…

Jade, fame often arrives with money. The two combined equal quite a bit of power. Perhaps you need to add a statement that you can control your privacy if you need to. Remember that most of the Hollywood types are hounded by media and fans because that's how they want it. It generates more "buzz" which translates into more ticket sales, book deals, and so on. You will always have a choice.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved