Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi everybody,

My Feng Shui package arrived yesterday and I've listened to the Essentials since and quickly flipped through the manual's pages.
But already I have more questions than I'd like.
Some'd involve complicated descriptions in words and would be a lot easier to ask if I could illustrate them with a floor plan. So how can I do that? I mean, when I call a coach/consultant could I send him/her my floorplan in advance of my call?

Also, I have a fitted washbasin in my bedroom, next to my bed. From what I read this is bad, very bad...
Is it only bad when I use it?
Would it help to have a curtain between it and my bed?

Since my house is tiny I usually work at the kitchentable, with my back to the sink. Also bad....
So I'm thinking about moving my work space into my living room (since I don't have much choice: it's either that or the bedroom. <--- VERY bad! )
However, my living room is a long narrow room. Placing my desk in a good direction out of the doorway'd mean it'll end up in the middle of the room. Would a room divider help to back me up here?
Do I need any back up if I use a high backed chair? Is it a problem that most room dividers aren't straight? What would that do with the chi?

Just out of curiosity: in which level do the secret friends turn up? How do you find out what they are?

Thanks a lot!!
Angelina

Hi Angela, I'm new also. What version do you have? The Essentials only? I have the Diamond version. Think you're confused now? LOL! The secret friends are in level one I think.

I'm just having enough trouble trying to draw a diagram of my house! What a pain. I'd like software that does the diagram and all you have to do is enter the footage for each room..Anyone know of a software package that does that?

Well I think you're not supposed to have water in the bedroom or pictures of water.. good question...

Diana

OP Offline

Hello,

I was really hoping to get some answers here on this forum. Isn't that what it's for?
On the Parliminal forum there's a moderator to help you when you're stuck. Where's the moderator here? Someone who can answer my questions? (No offense Diana...)

Angelina.

I'm not sure if you are from the US but it is one of the biggest holidays here this week. I am not sure that Learning Strategies is open.

As for the forums, they are great help as you will get help from other people learning along with you. You will also gather feedback from a variety of different backgrounds. I love reading everyones questions and points of view.

Over time you will notice that we all ask very similar questions. :-) ENjoy the process. It's a great ride.

Angelina,

Nice to me you too. :|

Shawn could be off for the holiday. You can try doing a search for similar topics because he said that people ask the same questions over and over. You can also always email him directly if you don't like our answers.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Angelina,

Quote:

I was really hoping to get some answers here on this forum. Isn't that what it's for?

Yes, we just celebrated Thanksgiving here in the states from Thursday through Sunday. I hope your weekend was enjoyable as well.

Quote:

"it" would be a lot easier to ask if I could illustrate them with a floor plan. So how can I do that? I mean, when I call a coach/consultant could I send him/her my floorplan in advance of my call?

If you received the Gold or Diamond edition of the course, they have 20-minute coaching vouchers, where you'll email/fax/send in your floor play with directions marked, Personal Energy Numbers, and your questions for the 20-minute call. then call in and ask to schedule your 20-minute consultation with the coach. They'll look through your plan and questions, then you'll chat with them on the scheduled day.

Quote:

I have a fitted washbasin in my bedroom, next to my bed. Is it only bad when I use it?
Would it help to have a curtain between it and my bed?

The first thing would be to make sure it's drain is plugged when not in use. You could put a curtain across it when unused. Marie has also recommended sitting a nice potted pkant in the basin when not in use, and then sitting it to the side when using the sink.

Quote:

Since my house is tiny I usually work at the kitchen table, with my back to the sink.....So I'm thinking about moving my work space into my living room (since I don't have much choice: it's either that or the bedroom. However, my living room is a long narrow room. Placing my desk in a good direction out of the doorway'd mean it'll end up in the middle of the room. Would a room divider help to back me up here? Do I need any back up if I use a high backed chair? Is it a problem that most room dividers aren't straight? What would that do with the chi?

It would be interesting to see a floor plan with what you are working with, rather than going through the adding of dividers and such. Remember too, that there isn't a perfect feng shui home, and you do the best with what you have/can. Some things in your house may not fit the classical "ideal" feng shui set up.

Quote:

Just out of curiosity: in which level do the secret friends turn up? How do you find out what they are?

Level One, P.36

Mayflowers: Sometimes using grid paper can help. figure each square is one foot or meter.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved