Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jansi Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

My question is: During any listening session, if you get interrupted, i.e. someone just came home, someone calls out to you, what do you do?

I usually just let them know that I will be there to help them in a minute, and I will get back on to finish the rest of the listening session. However, I do find that it's harder to get back to the deep relaxing state. Do I need to start listening from the beginning again?

Regards,

Janice

Hello, I think I remember reading somewhere, maybe on the old tape inserts that if you get interupted while listening, there is a huge danger of your brain turning into honey raisin flavored oatmeal. Or maybe that was another program. Seriously, I think you're supposed to just get back to whereever you were, but personally, if I had the time, I'd probably just start over.

Or you can tell yourself before you start, that any outside noises will just put you deeper into trance. I've heard that one at the beginning of a few inductions.

George

I usually just give it up for the time being, and wait for a better time--then start it over. If it's something like a phone call, I just let the machine answer it.

I get interrupted all the time. Since paraliminals are supposed to work like subliminals (whereby your conscious does not have to hear for it to work, I just continue listening and talking to the person at the same time.

I also work and listen at the same time. I have found no change in benefits either way.

Jansi Offline OP
OP Offline

Great!

Thanks for your replies. Now that I have your answers, I think what I can do when I am interrupted again is either to keep listening or just start all over again if I have time!

Janice

Seems like you have your answer...the people in my house know that if I'm relaxing with head phones on, just to leave me alone for the time being and I'll be with them when I can. Obviously I dont know your exact situation. And is not to say that I don't ever get inturrpted. When my dogs see a animal in "their" yard or a person on "their" street they don't really respect my time!

Last edited by danielcgordon; 11/29/07 07:24 AM.

I stop and do something else, and hope to come back to it later. Actualy, to be interupted from hypnosis or meditation is very irritating to me- I can be grumpy. Partly that is because I have so little time for me, that I can use to listen- and finding time to get back into it is difficult.

vitaman

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved