Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have been doing image streaming for a
while now and I have not seen any images.

The only things that occur are kaleidoscopic
patterns of light( ie phosphorene effect)

I went through many of the trigger suggestions

All I am doing with my eyes shut is giving
verbal descriptions which produce no images.
When the phosphorene effect dies away all
I see with my eyes is blackness.

According to Winneger staring into a 60
watt bulb should produce image streaming.

Ilooked into a 100 watt bulb and no effect
like that described in the book.

I do image streaming twice a day for 30
minutes.

I start the session with velvety smooth
breathing and then go into verbal description mode.

I guess I am one of the 30 % If nothing
changes soon Winnegar has met his waterloo
ME !
HELP !

Administrator
Administrator

That is one method I've never bothered trying to use to get an image stream going... there are others.

I had once given some additional ideas to kick start an image stream

Check rogins link he put 85 starting phrases onto the web to kick start an image stream... The idea is you start describing from the cue and keep going.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000074.html

Alex

You're not alone on that one...I went through all the 'thinking visually' exercises, and finally made some progress. Now though, I only have one Image, and it comes every time I IS. OTW yields nothing. The coaches forwarded my troubles to Wenger himself, who was to busy to deal with me, and suggested I contact a third party coach (possibly for cost?). Currently trying to resolve with coaches and Pete B. Will keep y'all posted...

Administrator
Administrator

Start remembering and recording your dreams. How you remember them is the sort of appearance your image streams will take on. Your dreams are afterall your night time image streams.

Further for practice of image streaming. Describe into your tape recorder something from memory.

If you are at home imagine that you are going to meet someone at your place of work. Tell them into how to get to your desk. describe the building etc, into a tape recorder as you would for an image stream.

Or guide a friend through your house to find something in your bedroom, tell them where the kitchen is, invite them to get a drink. Image doing this over a phone giving them directions.

If I were to guide you to my place of work my image stream would go something like this;-
You're coming from the city so the train pulls in platforms 2 or 4 head toward your left when you disembark from the train go down the stairs. The steps are a yuckly dirty yellow colour. When you pass the ticket collector hang a right there are wide whitish curved stairs, when it rains the water cascades down them like a water fall and they are slippery when wet so watch your step. The white granite look of the stairs is carried out over what used to be a car park now it just... well the kids haven't had the idea yet but it makes a great skating area. Just head straight ahead towards the pedestian crossing, theirs a cafe just across the way you can see the booths inside... they refubished I don't know if it was a bright idea moving the counter closer to the door ... causes traffic jams... ahh across the road from the cafe on the left thats the building I work in. Blue mirrored glass Just 6 floors high so you can see the airconditioner at the top. watch for traffic on your left it's a one way street they come over the hill pretty fast... the planters that look like horse troughs painted sky blue like the rest of the building make great ash trays it seems...

Well I could write more and if I were talking into a tape recorder I'd be putting more details in but seeing I've got two chats going as well. I think you'll get the general idea.

When you've done that a couple of times imagine finding a box at your desk at work or on your bed and just start describing how that box looks to you. Describe how you open it, describe what is inside... you feel like you're making it up but be as decriptive as you can. Really even intuitive insights often feel like you're making it up as you go... and image streams yes I sometimes use the kick start method... just to see where it flows.. it usually feels like I'm making it up, however looking at my end result - well it works for me.

Image streams are not always in vivid technicolor. Infact for most people they are pretty dull. If you want to do some background reading on visualisation and why some people have difficulty with this check out the book the mind's eye by Ian Robertson ISBN 0593 047672 It gives an idea of why many people think they do not visualise and the fact that at any level the use of visualisation skills can be improved. The book contains many visualisation experiments and gives some tips for developing the skill.

As already suggested, record your dreams.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 16, 2003).]

OP Offline

As far a recording my dreams.
Dream recording...been there done that.
Didn't help. I hear only the sound track.
I even tried float tanks.

The only image I got was an eye looking at
me in the dark.

Wenger's method is the triggering method which is mainly hit and miss.

I have used this method for a little over
3 weeks twice a day @ 30 minutes each
period.

This method bites big time.

Administrator
Administrator

Stream your sound track. You'd probably have greater success in hearing advice from the people you want to model and even with advanced tool builder using the skill to hear sound tracks. Perhaps letting go of having to 'see' images you can hear the minds description of them. Why not go with that, you never know that could provide some terrifice insights. Personally when I image steam I do attempt to pull in all the senses. Words that I hear and things that I feel also are cues. There have been occasions when words have been more profound than the images.

Alex

I'm still new to image streaming so please excuse me if I'm out of line in my attempt to help. I do have a little over a year of remote viewing experience. Discussing experiences with many fellow remote viewers; people receive data in so many different ways. Some of the best remote viewers quit fighting trying to receive images and just "receive" data. Some of the best remote viewers receive their data in a non-visual way; whether it's auditory, kinesthetic, etc. I've received "psychic" data in many different ways even though I wish I could visualize more than kinesthetically. May be it's the programming we've become accustomed to from the sci fi movies.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved