Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

One thing I have noticed about myself is that I think my personal boundaries need strengthening at times.

For example, if I am sitting next to someone on the train who is constantly figeting and can't sit still, it really gets to me and irritates me and makes it hard for ME to concentrate on what I am doing. Ideally, I shouldn't even notice, and certainly shouldn't let it bother me.

Another example is when I am around a friend or acquaintance who happens to be in a bad mood, cranky, moody, hostile or negative, (even if they don't show it much at all on the surface, I can tell somehow) and it really effects my mood too.

Somehow I want to learn to not let myself be effected so much by what is going on around me.

Are there any paraliminal titles that you could suggest for helping these issues?

Thanks.

Last edited by Blue_Butterfly; 12/12/07 10:32 PM.

Try New Behaviour Generator as you want to react differently to the action of people around you. Also try Happy for No Reason: you want to assert yourself regardless of what's around you.

I hope it helps!

OP Offline

Thanks uniquesoul

BB, I know what you are talking about, I'm a sensitive person also. For me though, I have to say it was more a matter of communicating and for some reason, I seem to be able to speak up better than I used to. I think it is a combination of the PL's that have been helping. What about Talking to Win? Or Positive Relationships? TTW was good for me.

cheers~*

OP Offline

Thanks scooter. I'll try those titles too.

I'd try new history generator, and I second the NBG one. Pick somebody who doesn't get bothered by anybody as your model. I'm sure you can think of plenty of movie or tv characters that fit the bill.

Good luck

George

hey BB! I have to tell you that I got some insight from one of my 'decks' of cards called 'Trust Your Vibes'... You'll never guess which card I drew...
CLAIM YOUR BOUNDARIES!.... Anyhow what it said was very insightful for me... I've heard so many people say this kind of thing is connected to one's self esteem, but these cards say it is because "one's aura is too wide open, leaving one vulnerable to unwanted psychic influences"... ! Cool, huh? It was a lightbulb moment for me to hear that!

With that in mind I would try the IPM one and use a model of someone who you feel has good/healthy boundaries. Whoever they may be.

For myself I consider myself an empath, but in some ways that is also not having healthy boundaries...

Ok... more of the message is.....
"Practice saying no, go away, leave me in peace, both verbally and silently, and enjoy it. Your aura is your protective shield and it grows as you gain self respect. Breathe courage and confidence into your aura from within. Practice all day long. You'll soon feel the difference and love it."....

Also you might want to try the PL, You Deserve It...

If you want me to send you the rest of the message, pm me...

enjoy!
scoots~*

OP Offline

Thanks Scooter, that's very helpful and very relevant at the moment too.

I'm an empath too I think, so what the card said about auras is quite insightful.

Thanks for your suggestions too George.

I really appreciate everyone's posts.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved