Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5907 05/03/03 06:39 PM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Howdy. I just got the New Behavior Generator the other day, but there is something that is bothering me. I know the things that I want to change and I know the behaviors that would lead me where I want to go. My problem is that I sometimes have a lot of trouble getting the image in my head. Having a model was helpful, but I still have trouble. If I can't form the image in my mind before listening, would it be best not to listen at all? Could it possibly produce negative results? I am getting better at forming the image, but I still have a hard time. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

#5908 05/03/03 11:21 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Can you express to yourself the outcome you would desire? If someone asked you what your goal is can you tell them?

Just tell yourself that. That way your mind can play with a few ideas or images how best to modify that behavior while listening to the tape. Think of the outcome you desire, in words, feeling and or pictures. The first listening might just be for learning which of a few behaviours you need to make habit first. It's about knowing what your goal is and behaving in a way that will help you to achieve your goal. Vague goals will lead to vague outcomes. If you are clear on what you want, then with your intention to achieve that you put in the tape. Your intentions don't have to be clear images.

Alex

#5909 05/05/03 05:42 AM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the advise! The first time I used the tape, I could not get a clear image before listening. After being led through the relaxation exercise, however, I was able to get a very clear image of the changes I wanted to make. I was not able to have the experience until AFTER I had begun. Is this a common experience? Also, is it best to 'see' it from a first-person perspective or a third-person perspective?

#5910 05/05/03 02:55 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I think you'll find it fairly common that the images are clearer when you listen to the tapes, they will trigger them afterall.

If you can see from both perspectives it helps. Go with the flow since it will really depend on you and the project. Each situation might be different.

Alex

#5911 05/07/03 05:31 AM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Last night, I tried it again, but I am still having a hard time. I can describe the behaviors I want to have, and I have a model that has those behaviors. But when I listen to the tapes, it is like I am just watching someone else. I am watching from a distance instead of experiencing the effects. When the voice says that those behaviors are becoming my own, it feels like it is having no effect at all. I listened twice in a row last night, but I feel exactly the same as I did before. As a matter of fact, I am feeling a little bit more nervous. Does that mean that it isn't working? If I can see the model with the right behaviors and I can't experience them for myself while listening, is that good enough? Is it enough just to visualize another person with the behavior while listening? I have to admit, the first time a listened, the effects were dramatic. This time, it seems like I may have wasted my time. That makes me think that the results that I experienced the first time may have just been a fluke.

#5912 05/07/03 05:55 AM
Administrator
Administrator

You say you feel a little more nervous. It seems to me that the behaviour is moving more to your conscious mind where you can start noticing and adopting the behaviour you desire. If you have the Anxiety Free paraliminal this can help you to relax and go with the flow through the process of change.

Seeing yourself in the third person is probably the most comfortable way for you to accept the new behaviour. Because seeing yourself allows you to see that it is possible to have that behaviour. The fact that you don't feel like anything is happening is fine. You are changing a behaviour which is a part of you and to cut it off suddenly can often cause overwhelm. It is often the reason we don't change our behaviours overnight. We are living within a comfort zone and are already experienced in handling the behaviours we have and how people respond to us as a result of those behaviours.

So even though you may not be seeing / experiencing what you consider the desired change taking hold, you are moving in the right direction at a pace that is comfortable for you on an inner level. The fact that you are persisting and using the paraliminal supports this. You have made a conscious decision to take action and are taking action that in itself is a fair indication that New Behaviour Generator is having some sort of an effect.

You'll notice the shift when the time is right for you. Some shifts, we don't want to have happen too fast because we reject them when we haven't done the mental preparation for them.

So it's time to let go of the doubt on if you're doing it right (this slows the progress afteral), accept that you are on the right track. Allow for a sense of play when you listen and enjoy the paraliminal sessions as an adventure.

Keep up the good work
Alex

#5913 05/06/03 06:40 PM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for they advice! But is it enough just to see the model exhibit the right behaviors? I can't seem to establish a 'connection' to it. Will my mind just absorb those behaviors that way? If not, it may just be a complex daydream.

#5914 05/07/03 12:53 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, the paraliminal is helping with working on your inner mind so even if you're not really seeing images and 'have' gone off on a daydream somewhere, your inner mind is working on the idea/intention you formed.

Alex

#5915 05/07/03 03:48 AM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks a lot, AlexK. I am sorry to ask so many questions. Of course, I may have a few more soon!

#5916 05/07/03 04:45 AM

Hi Alex,

I brought the Behavour Generator not too long ago too, I could not find any instructions on how often to use them. Could you give me some advice on that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved