Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hey,

I looked at the Lucid Dreaming thread on the other page, but there were four pages to read through and control F wasn't helping much.

I was wondering:

If I photoread, I don't know, let's say, 4 or 5 books on Lucid Dreaming, will it increase my chances of having one?

Does anyone have experience with this, or has tried it before and has any comments about it?

Or even if you didn't, what do you think of it?

~Jack~Tuff~13

Look into out of body experiences also, they are kind of the same thing. Read Robert Monroe's books they are excellent. Also "Psychic Warrior" by David Morehouse (kind of depressing, but interesting).

-Josiah

Learning Strategies Admin

Possibly but to have regular lucid dreams one must actively work toward remembering their dreams. Then paying attention when they are lucid. You might fluke and have one so try it and see.

Alex

OP Offline

Alex,

Have you ever had a Lucid Dream?
If you did, how did you get your first one? Did you just "fluke" and have it?

It must be really cool to be in, though.

~JackTuff13

I've had a few. I don't have the time to work for it. I remember when I had three lucid dreams one morning. They turned out to be predictive. I wasn't controlling the dream however I was fully aware that I was dreaming.

The dreams warned me that I would lose something of value. There was no thief to be identified however in my dream I did decide I was going to find and confront the thief and get back what belonged to me.

About 3 days later I lost a $6000 diamond stone from my ring. The exact value indicated in my dream. I knew where it was lost ... ever tried to find a 6mm stone in thick 25 to 30cm long grass?

My brother and sister in law came over and were crawling in the grass looking for it. I said don't bother I'll find it later. I did find it again three weeks later. My brothers were not surprised.

AlexK

Learning to lucid dream is all about reality checks, desire to lucid dream, and the effort you put into it.

You basically every hour on the hour ask yourself "Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?" And then pinch yourself and check to see if your dreaming. The idea is for you to do this habit while your dreaming and obtain lucidity.

Also you have to want to lucid dream really bad. You have to have the desire to do it. It's hard to get yourself to dream about something. You want to activate information during your sleep but your subconscious mind has other ideas. the only way to over ride what's going to happen is for your desire for it to be high.

If you want to learn more about lucid dreaming their's a lucid dreaming community.

http://www.dreamviews.com

and of course theirs the books you can photoread.

Wow nice site!

You know it is rather refreshing to see so many interested in such a subject!!!

Many years now ago I wrote this particular poem.

The experience marked my thinking about our being here in this particular now, that it is but a dream itself.

I AWAKE AGAIN...

Now, I awake or so appearing, to find myself
In another dream so very close
To the one I just left

For long moments, I am confused
But seeing through new truth revealing
Another riddle unravels

On I go pondering new knowledge
Awareness again expanded
I awake again.. or so appearing

Copyrighted thanks!

Now what was disconcerting, is that clear as yesterday I remember still waking up INTO a dream, settling down as one awake and going about my day, ONLY to awake again! Repeating, until after several tries with each world just different enough that I knew each a different world I finally gasped for air here, pinched and slapped my body and staggered about dazed. For the last few times I had started to p-a-n-i-c-k !! Not something I easily do.
That panicking part that is.

All of it lucid and even now remembering it comes back almost too clear...

To me lucid dreaming is normal, I often will stay up late to avoid going to bed, thinking where I go will be a distraction from the work I am currently engaged in.

I will ramble a bit, it is late here again...

Decades ago, I knew something was different about my experiences as my family was wary of me. I would in dreams see things, remember or write them down and then ask about incidents that I saw. Problem was they often HAD NOT OCCURRED YET. Usually they were 24-48 hours out.

I am used to it now and am often sensing what will be two weeks ahead and routinely days ahead. You get used to it. You keep your mouth shut.

When you see what you do not want to see, then you change it. Sometimes the results are morphed, other times spot on. Seems to depend on focus and willingness to have an impact.

Again, after a while you 'ignore' most of it and just attend to your own agenda.

My immediate family now has an unspoken rule: Get dad to go along with it, or forget it!

Conditions that promote 'Lucid Dreaming'.

A large topic to be sure. Very large as I am convinced it touches to conscious evolution itself.

I first got the idea of pursuing Lucid Dreaming more systematically 25 years ago. It occurred prior (I was 27 then) but I regarded it as something that happened from time to time and seemed to always mark a change.

However, I came across an old metaphysics book, first published as a book in 1903 I believe, from being a monthly correspondence course for a few years prior.

The book went on to be a large seller, which is probably why I found it available. It mentioned or outlined ideas to 'creating new brain centers' that would be actual. Creating any new center would take concerted effort in one line of endeavor over time by intensity.

Which is to say, time taken is relative to consistent discipline in thought and action. It combined thinking logically to an end and also doing physical exercises meant to assist mental development.

Most all of this kind of material (no matter specifics) runs along a general line of focus, logic and application. This can include reciting or memorizing verse, breathing exercises, employed life-style routines that support new supportive habits.

Like reviewing backwards each night all that had transpired that day, to include conversations, going and comings of the day.

It could include visualizations, mantras etc. etc. There are 'volumes' filled with such counsel.

But what I have found to be ever consistent; can be summed up in this statement:

'When conditions are right it works!'

So one 'nurtures' them. Such as clearing the psychic clouds of clatter, breathing clean air, sipping sacred water. (anything blessed) etc.

I do not think any one formula is certain to 'Lucid Dreaming'. I am sure it varies as people and their temperament varies.

My first thoughts...

hi alex i am learning photoreading
can i use lucid dreaming to learn photoreading proccess and later try it in real world ?
is it possible to do so?
i am a lucid dreamer but imperfect at pring
will it work?
as we can do wat ever we want in dreams and it effects our confidence and has significant effect on brain

thank u

Have you ever done anything like that before?

Try it and see. If you haven't done anything like that before you'll probably still find it faster to learn PhotoReading the way it's taught.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved