Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#63780 01/02/08 06:13 PM
OP Offline

Hi, I am very new in this, I started doing the sitting meditation and level one excercise, my whole body swing!! from left to right, going forward and back wards....without using any efforts on any parts of my body
to swing at all.

Can anyone tell me what is it?

Thanks and hope to hear from the experience members.

Stella Tan

stellatan #63781 01/02/08 06:34 PM

This sounds like what is sometimes called "sponteneous gong" or "sponteneous movements". It often means that there is qi blockages that are starting to move or become unblocked.

I have had this happen from time to time. I even used to practice a qigong form that actually encouraged this at the end of the entire form during standing meditation. And another one where the standing form was primarily sponteneous movement (there was only "form" at the very beginning preperation).

Let it be and relax. Most likely eventually it will eventually subside. The movement of qi or energy becomes more subtle over time.

That's my two cents or whatever it is worth.

blessings,

Steve
shakurav #63782 01/03/08 03:56 PM

This happens quite often when removing severe blockages. You will see people move their body uncontrollably from one side to the other. You can be sure when this occurs that there is an energy realignment happening: blockages get removed and draw on energy from the main reservoir channels.

Hakim

Hakim #63783 01/03/08 08:54 PM

I agree with Hakim also.

One thing that can sometimes help with such blockages, is to do a kind of "preemptive strike". By that I mean do more bouncing before doing the Active exercise, including consciously swinging your body while bouncing and also lifting your hands up above your head and letting the hands be loose and just also "bounce" from the wrists.

If you are not bouncing before, start.

If you are, do more: if doing a minute, do three. If three, do five. This can help break up blockages and get the qi moving faster.

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved