Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Dear all,

I just wondering any guys or girls who live in Hong Kong (Or Cantonese Speaking) can share their experience and maybe give me some hints since I still not fully well function all the whole PhotoReading Whole Mind System.

Best Regards,
Jansen Wong

Hi, Just starting out and having problems with photofocus. Hope to practice some more before sharing any experience.

Glad to see someone in Hong Kong using PR too.

OP Offline

Me too! Very happy to see someone else in Hong Kong show up!
I had join this forum for a few years... for me, i still new using PR, so, I just keep search & watch and hope to find someone who is in Hong Kong! I always hope to see people who learn PR in Hong Kong can join-up and practise PR together, i think that will be great and we can support each others!

Cheers!

Jansen Wong

OP Offline

Poohy ALEX K.,

I will try to keep this post floating up... hope some day Hong Kong PR reader can join up and have a great gathering!

P.S. Alex, wish you can let us light up this candle light of hope! Besides, if there comes a day any PR courses hold in Hong Kong, please kindly let us know about that! I think that would be a miracle day!

Cheers!
Jansen Wong

Hi, Jansen.
I am also a PR reader in HK, but I am only a beginer and I am studying in Bristol uni. I am still finding difficult in activating books, probaly because it is university text book.... but I am getting around and try and solve the problem, when I super read and dip the text book, and always go through the text book without dipping into anything, then I went back and check and I find out lot of thing I should have read and didn't, and this's keep making me rapid read (or not either) and not super read....

I also find it difficult to understand how to practice PR, how to PR a book so information comes into the your mind without manual activation or activate part of book and fully know whats the book is about and be able to answer Question like pete do. The most difficult part is I don;t understand how PR a book and answer pop up when people ask you Question, I try many time still doesn't work.
Thats what I find very difficult at the moment.

But I will share some of my experience, I have just finish my first exam using PRWMS(include mind map) and I revise for 5 days and 4 hrs each days.
I just know I recieve 75% in the exam and 6th in the whole yr. However I only recieve 63% in the Question and I guess most of the mark comes from the calculation part in the exam and the essay probaly.

Then, I will share one of the activation experience by my brother, he is doing GCSE and he ask me to ask him question to test activation, I tell him the page no., the title of the page, and the part where the answer are in, then I ask him how many 'arrows' are in that small picture(nothing do with the subject and a question that nobody will know and even care the answer), then he close his eye and after one min, he tell me the answer is 12........ which is the right answer......, but after that he got other question wrong.

Also, nice to know that some HK people know how to and trust PR, and unlike others HK people go and learn the rubbish speed reading course in HK.

Last edited by Vincent_Tso; 01/18/08 06:08 PM.
OP Offline

Dear Vincent,

Cool! really thanks for your sharing! Actually that's also my problem too... Besides, it's hard for me to find someone to team up to encourage each other (just like a revision group)

It's cool that you can share with your brother, would you mind to have one more team member in your PR circle? haha...if you don't mind, then let me be the one!

Hey, poohy, all Hong Kong PR readers...are you still keep watching this post? if so, if anyone of you wanna share PR experience and find support, HEY! let's line it up! Maybe we can add each other in MSN messager. I really eager to talk to (you) HK PR reader in the coming future!

Cheers!

JANSEN WONG (One of the Junior PR Reader in Hong Kong)

I'm often look at this forum anyway

Last edited by Vincent_Tso; 01/23/08 08:58 PM.

Hi Vincent.

How are you? Good i hope.

It has been shared many times on this forum in the past about not trying to learn photoreading on school material and school books. Do a search on learning photoreading on textbooks & i am sure you will probably find plenty of information.

Why not learn photoreading on textbooks and schoolbooks? First of all you are putting yourself under a lot of pressure. You are learning a subject in school & then trying to learn photoreading at the same time. How do you know if you are not having a problem learning the subject or if you are having a problem learning photoreading? This can lead to a lot of stress. You have a lot riding on school mainly your future. This is not the time to try new learning systems.

I have 2 very important suggestions for you.

1. Photoread all your schoolbooks. In fact repeatly photoread your textbooks.

2. Study the way you did before you ever heard of photoreading. Forget about activation. Just do 2 things photoread & then just regular read & study the way you always used to before learning photoreading.

I am curious Vincent i read your post before about wanting spontaneous activation. Why did you want that. For one thing spontaneous activation can be hit and miss. There are no guarantees with spontaneous activation.If you have something extremely important such as your schoolwork manual activation is much more dependable and consistent and why were you trying to avoid manual activation? Why were you putting something as important as schoolwork on sometime like spontaneous activation that does not always occur. Having said that you should not even do manual activation. You are going about it all the wrong way. Let me tell you the right way to go about it.

The right way to go about it as i have said earlier is to just only photoread your schoolbooks regular read them and study them. School is just too important to be trying experiments with photoreading on school materials. So photoread only your schoolbooks, regular read and study them. Now find a book that has absolutely nothing to do with school. Find a book that you are interested in say for example a book about a hobby or a self help book. Photoread that book and activate that book. Do that with about 14 different books. Books that have absolutely nothing to do with school. Books that do not have anything riding on it. Activate those books superread and dip, skittering, mind-maps mind-probing questions, trigger words. Do not put pressure on yourself i must hurry and learn to activate quickly so i can use these techniques in school. No forget about doing that. Just photoread your schoolbooks study them the regular way or the way you have always studied them before and read them the way you have read them before. Here is a fact for you to consider there are many students who know nothing about photoreading or have even heard of it but they study and they read and they do the work and they are successful.

Speaking of work it seems like there are a lot of people who do not want to work who want to avoid work and are just plain lazy. But we know you are not like that Vincent right? You are willing to do the work, to pay the price to make the sacrifices, to do whatever is necessary because in the long run in the future the sacrifices you make now will payoff in the future.

Sometimes it seems like many people are looking for a gimmick so they can avoid studying. Put it in a microwave. Zap! Done in 30 seconds. I do not have to put forth any effort. I do not have to study just photoread and i should be able to pass all my classes and tests in school with no effort. Kinda of like a person who is overweight,obese or fat who wants to continue eating fat-laden foods, never exercises and just wants to take a pill to lose weight without making changes in their diet and not exercising.

Too many people are looking for some miracle cure so they do not have expend any effort but that is not photoreading. What photoreading will do is get you through a book 3 times faster than it currently takes you with regular reading.

Again i do not recommend you as a beginner try to learn photoreading on school material. I think there is a strong possibility you were having trouble activating because you did not have a purpose.

Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

If there were enough people wanting to learn. I'd make the trip to Hong Kong to teach a class.

AlexK

Hey, another photoreader from HK here! Vincent, I share your concerns because I'm preparing for a test too...the LSAT! While I agree with Photoread4me's advice in general, I tend to think that once you're confident on the accuracy of the things you've photoread, by all means go ahead and photoread other school books too. As Photoread4me said, school work is too important to risk being tested on via photoreading. But once your photoreading reaches at least the same level of accuracy as your normal reading, I don't see why we shouldn't go for the quicker route instead. Paul Scheele did that with his Graduate School/Ph.D coursework, as mentioned in the first Photoreading CD, and he finished it in an hour and a half!

We Hongers all want efficiency...

p.s. I see that the last post was posted more than a year ago - I hope you guys are still onto Photoreading!

Alex - I strongly recommend conducting a Photoreading seminar in HK - HK people will go crazy for it, as this means more efficiency at work and school - their 2 most important aspects in life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved