Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#63937 01/11/08 09:09 AM
OP Offline

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20000011599_2000009345.pdf

Obviously I know photoreading is a form of reading but according to this report, it not much different to normal reading.

Read it thoroughly and form your opinions.

I would like to hear from others.

Ben

So basically according to Nasa, photoreading is more or less useless.

That's nice to know...

Its way different useless you are the type that love to read every little thing

OP Offline

I like companies, institutes who go through steps to prove to the audience that their product is not a scam. lefkoe institute with the lefkoe method.

here is there report done by Department of psychology university of arizona
http://www.lefkoeinstitute.com/support-files/eliminatingfears.pdf

No reports from an institution of this type has been done on photoreading.

I am starting to become skeptical now. WHO am i to BELIEVE?

someone who can fly to the moon and back?
someone who has a scientifically proven report from a psychololgy department, or
someone who has a bad report from nasa?

In the nasa report, Photoreading instructor admitted that the advertised reading times for photoreading are calculated on the basis of the time to complete solely the photofocus phase and do not include the time to complete the other four phrases of the complete photoreading process.

So the 25,000 words per minute is false claim depending on how you interpreted
the following words:

'You actually "mentally photograph" the page at 25,000 words a minute' (found on the front homepage)

if you know the photoreading system then it means that this is only referring to the photofocus step.
For those who dont know the system, you will interpret it differently eg. "wow, i didnt know i would be able to finish a big book that fast".
This is 'deceptive advertising'. This is form of seducing the audience into believe your something that your not. so may call it a 'scam' some may not.

According to the report, the photoreading expert's reading times were
calculated using only the PhotoFocus phase, resulting in an estimate of 1873 words per minute which is far off the 25,000 wpm claims that you all have seen.

According to the report in terms of words per minute (wpm) spent reading, there was no difference between normal reading (M=114 wpm) and PhotoReading (M=112 wpm).

I am skeptical but open-minded to anything that improves my self-being.
Read it thoroughly and form your opinions as i would like to hear from others.

Thanks,

Alpha AI,
Assuming you don't know the photoreading system, yet are planning on purchasing it in the near future (since most people who post videos/articles which disprove photoreading looking for help usually are like this), the only thing I can say is, "What do you have to lose?"

Any company that would give a 30-day money back guarantee, and even extend it if you wish, must have a lot of faith in the product.

And it doesn't take more than one working week to learn. For me, since I'm almost always at school, it took me just one week to learn (and that was in mid-September) and I've been using it ever since.

Worst comes to worst, you learn the system, fail, then return it. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. If I were you, I'd just go for it. The only reason you see so many people on this forum that express how much they truly enjoy, is BECAUSE they truly enjoy it. And I really don't think any of these people are special. They're just like you and me. You obviously don't need any real skill to learn photoreading, other than understanding text, which, based on your previous posts, you can obviously do.

I say go for it. Put the skepticism to rest and just try something new. It can't hurt.

-JackTuff13

OP Offline

30-day money back guarantee are provided by alot of companies, and alot of companies know that this is a method works for them more than the customers.

This will suck in 70% of people oppose to the report that will suck in 0% people. Sales of only 5-10% of people around the globe is great sales. In life there are suckers who dont know they are suckers, their perception is clearly blinded by what their beliefs are and affirmations that have been read back to them.

Im not saying that you have been sucked in.
Exactly, what is a 30-day money back guarantee??

it is their way of saying: this product will not work for anyone or everyone.
it is also saying "this may not work at all but only for those who are opened to being brainwashed"

Jacktuff, i believe you havent read the report?

Can someone give me a report? or a test report that proved this system to be valuable so i can tell me my whole family and friends about how amazing it is?

Ben

OP Offline

Has ANYONE benchmarked this or remove steps from the program to see if this really does work or what really is the key stuff or does everyone just FOLLOW SUIT.

About 70% of people in this world follows suit. Copies whatever the next person is doing cos it just seems like the next thing to do. eg. if there are 3 lanes in the motorway, 70% of the cars if not higher are all in the same one lane and are going slow. This is very common with morning traffic.

30% of the other people are not copying others. They are doing something else because they just happen to get it.

Where is the other 30% out there???

Ben

Alpha AI,

We discussed this NASA report years ago. Do a search on nasa on the photoreading forum and in particular read Alexk (Alex is the moderator of the photoreading forum)comments. I think Alex was right on target in regards to the person who did the nasa report.

Photoread4me

Alpha AI,

You believe I haven't read the report, eh?

Well, you're wrong.

If you really don't believe that this works, why are you trying to prove it wrong? What's the point? Do you get satisfaction out of disproving things you don't believe in?

It's just a waste of time.
If you don't believe it works, don't use it. Don't waste your time trying to prove it wrong, and for goodness sakes, why would you believe a report about "reading" given by the "NATIONAL AERONAUTICS and SPACE ADMINISTRATION"??????????????????????

Why would they make a report on it anyway?

PS.

It's not brainwashing. It's NLP.

This report has been discussed on this forum many times
before. The faults and biases of the report
are numerous.

I know I have had remarkable outstanding
results with photoreading, which I have
discussed on this forum many times.

raleigh199

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard