Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#64010 01/17/08 11:07 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all,

[Removed]

I'm about to do a budget, actually check a budget of a project. AND I can't do it. I mean I've been postponing it now almost a month and now is the latest possibility to do it. I feel a huge responsibility. [Removed]

Apparently my strategy is far too complicated. It must include steps that are not at all useful. [Removed]

The problem may well be my relationship with money. [Removed]

Lately I've been thinking how to do things the easy way. Why make it complicated if it can be easy?

Yeah, I know, this calls for the feeling axcercise, of course. [Removed] I'm just trying to regain enough balance by writing this message.

This message may well be too revealing on the second read, so maybe I'll edit it or ask it to be removed altogether. Don't know yet. [Well, so it was. I have removed some parts.]

All support, experience and comments are welcome. :-)))

[He].2s2.2p4

Last edited by Oxygen; 01/17/08 06:59 PM.
Oxygen #64011 01/17/08 01:14 PM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Whew!

As usual, things are easier now. I was right about writing my problem here. It helps!

I found another solution to my problem, which makes it easier for me to do the task.

What I find interesting, is this tendency to do the most important things in an impossible way. I mean, making the task impossible if it's important. It's still there, I got solved just this one problem, not the whole thing.

[He].2s2.2p4

Oxygen #64012 01/19/08 04:49 PM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

OK, forget the first post. I was going to delete is altogether but the editing was not possible anymore, apparently :-(

I mean, the sedond notion/question is much more important, it may well be the most important question I've made so far!

[He].2s2.2p4

Oxygen #64013 01/19/08 06:09 PM

Quote:

What I find interesting, is this tendency to do the most important things in an impossible way. I mean, making the task impossible if it's important. It's still there, I got solved just this one problem, not the whole thing.

This isn't one of my challenges, but I've noticed it happening with a lot of people I know. It's like for some reason, they want or need to make a simple thing lots more complicated (overwhelmingly sometimes). I have no insight on how to overcome that--maybe the Belief para?

Jeanne #64014 01/20/08 10:53 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Jeanne,

You seem to understand, or, atleast, your observations sound right. It means alot to me! Thanks!

The thing is, this whole business is elusive. It's like my body/mind buids fences around this thing, to protect me. But, actuially, what these fences do, they only seem to make the thing more difficult to handle, more difficult to change. The fences manage only to support to the difficulty, not protect me. Like, I would have to go through a maze, before I can change anything, and after changing I have to come back the same route, if I want permanent change. Not sure if I'm making sense.

And I don't have the slightest clue which program might help, PLs, NB, AFL, SA, GC, BR, ... or any of the numerous other programs I have (Mostly NLP and DHE by RB). Usually I have some idea how to make at least some progress. I mean, some gut feeling, "this is it". Maybe it is because the goal is so difficult to define. ???? ???? I think I need a totally different kind of goal, not related to this "problem". More like my main AFL goal: Being able to communicate effectively.

[He].2s2.2p4

Last edited by Oxygen; 01/20/08 04:18 PM.
Oxygen #64015 01/21/08 07:40 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

I wish Alex would comment something.... ... She 's not been to the forum for quite a while and I miss her comments! Not only to my posts...

Just a wish.

[He].2s2.2p4

Oxygen #64016 01/25/08 10:47 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Sorry Oxygen,

The storms here in Australia have meant shutting down my computer for hours. There's one here right now and I'm pushing it. Just hoping lighting strike doesn't hit my computer. Really pushing it the computer is flickering with the lightning strikes.

Learning Strategies projects have also meant my time is directed to emails. Step dad going into chemo and hailstorm writing of my car. I was Lucky when it came to the house but have you ever tried to get someone to replace a windscreen during the holidays (Australian Summer) Two days before Christmas eve mother gave doggie his last bone and wasn't sure how to get food in the house for Christmas. My brother made a major detour so we didn't have to starve for a week. So enough about me. Just thought you might like to know why the long absence.

If you want to make permanent change you have to recognise habit need to change. It starts by thinking and noticing... That's where the feeling exercise comes in. Do it often if you're at a computer use a random timer to trigger reminders for yourself. Something like the motivaider is useful.

Also you need to go easy on yourself. Someone who changes their diet or give up smoking the neural connections that were the original behaviour don't get erased a new behaviour means you have choices and in the beginning the choices has to be made over and over to make it as automatic as the other habit was. That's where the 4 steps of the Natural Brilliance model come in. That model will even help someone with OCD because it changes the habit by first becoming aware of the 'what just happened here."

The idea is you don't berate yourself about it you acknowledge it. Appreciate yourself for the behaviour whether you like it or not it is serving a purpose that helps you handle life and keep you in the status quo.

I know we don't necessarily like the status quo but we fear any action we take will take us down not up.

So make haste slowly.

Use Natural Brilliance and set yourself on the path you want to go with a combination of Break the Habit and New Habit Generator. Release with the Feeling Exercise (or technique that work for you). Release on berating yourself, Notice... what happened, what caused you to take the old path, or what was your experience taking the new path. Respond. Decide and act on your decision. Witness. Is just being in the moment experiencing what is there, don't try to analyse at this point. Like a witness who reports to the police after an event. You are both a participant in the experience and an observer.

Alex

Alex K. Viefhaus #64017 01/25/08 03:23 PM

Alex, good to see you posting again! I always find your replies to our questions really helpful.

Living in tornado alley, I understand about leaving the computer off during certain storms. Sometimes, the power goes out and makes the decision for me!

Jeanne #64018 01/26/08 09:07 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex!

Thanks for answering! Despite of all the things happening around you... I didn' know there are such storms in Australia. Is it because of the climate change or does it happen always? Our weather has definitely changed... It used to be -0..-15 C in the winter and now it's more like 0..+5 C.

I have the feeling you have said the same things to me earlier in emails or in the forum. And now it seems I understand them better. For example "go easy on yourself". People have been saying it to me years now. And I have had any idea HOW to do it. Now i have some idea how. Which probably means I have made quite alot of progress. OK, I've been noticing some very nice things lately, not only this. I know I have made progress. ;-)))))

It is an interesting idea to use another program to make teh feeling exercise a habit. I had not thought of that. [Removed]

There are some other things I noticed when reading your post. For some reason I don't want to write about them here. I guess there is a reson. Maybe I would have to remove them later... ;-))

Thanks again!

[He].2s2.2p4

Last edited by Oxygen; 01/26/08 09:28 AM.
Oxygen #64019 01/26/08 09:34 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

[Removed]

[He].2s2.2p4

Last edited by Oxygen; 01/26/08 07:04 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved