Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#64037 01/18/08 06:39 PM
JayK Offline OP
OP Offline

Howdy,

To Shawn or anyone who might know. Somehow I had the understanding that the home study of Levels 1 and 2 would be sufficient to take a weekend Level 3 class. Don't know where I got that idea, but, at any rate, I just called the Spring Forest offices and was told that I need to take at least the Level 1 and 2 accelerated course in Minnesota before I can take Level 3. Is that the deal?

The reason I'm asking is because I have to fly in from NC, get a motel, and rent a car to take these classes. Kind of expensive for me. I undertand that a DVD is no substitute for hands on teaching, but I was just hoping. . .

Quote:

Howdy,

To Shawn or anyone who might know. Somehow I had the understanding that the home study of Levels 1 and 2 would be sufficient to take a weekend Level 3 class. Don't know where I got that idea, but, at any rate, I just called the Spring Forest offices and was told that I need to take at least the Level 1 and 2 accelerated course in Minnesota before I can take Level 3. Is that the deal?

The reason I'm asking is because I have to fly in from NC, get a motel, and rent a car to take these classes. Kind of expensive for me. I undertand that a DVD is no substitute for hands on teaching, but I was just hoping. . .

Wow~! This is news to me. I have been told by a few people that the Home Study courses was sufficient as a pre-requisite.

That is also what I thought I had read somewhere.

If what they told you is so, I am very disappointed. I live in California and I was kinda hoping that my next (first) SFQ retreat would be Level III (probably not this year, though I wish I could, but more likely in 2009).

I will follow up also, but I am curious as to what Shawn will respond.

blessings,

Steve

I also thought that the home courses were sufficient.
Gabby

I took the Level III course in Minnesota in 2005 after having taken levels I and II as home studies

-Josiah

Quote:

I took the Level III course in Minnesota in 2005 after having taken levels I and II as home studies

-Josiah

Yeah, I think that whoever answered this question at the SFQ Center was misinformed. However, Shawn will probably know the real answer. I will also call this week and check it out.

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha JayK,

That person must have been coming off a deep meditation, or you talked to a real fresh newbie at the Center.

The prerequisites for taking Level Three in Minneapolis, or at the Higher Energy Event, is having gone through the Level One and Two classes, or the Level One & Two home study course, or have taken Pure Energy and Born A Healer events.

Much Love, Shawn

Quote:

Aloha JayK,

That person must have been coming off a deep meditation, or you talked to a real fresh newbie at the Center.

The prerequisites for taking Level Three in Minneapolis, or at the Higher Energy Event, is having gone through the Level One and Two classes, or the Level One & Two home study course, or have taken Pure Energy and Born A Healer events.

Much Love, Shawn

So there we have it. As I suspected (and hoped).

I knew Shawn would probably have the answer.

I also like his first explanation as to why the incorrect answer: "coming off a deep meditation"

Works for me!

blessings,

Steve
JayK Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey Shawn,

Wh-e-e-ew! Thanks for that reassurance. Don't know if I can swing the Level Three class at the end of February, or not, but I'm very relieved to know it's an option. I've been working on my sitting meditation to prepare.
Thanks!

Jay

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha All,

I'd be amiss to not say that having attended a Level Two class, event, or gone through the deluxe home study course does not mean one is ready for the Level Three/"Higher Energy" class.

Like JayK working on his/her sitting meditation to prepare, Level Three isn't so much like Levels One and Two where you can do it back-to-back, practicing the steps/exercises and then building your skills after the class. In Level Three/"Higher Energy," you build on the skills and experience from having been doing the Level One, and even more so, the Level Two healing work.

Now Chunyi doesn't sit at the door checking energy levels and booting out those below a certain level, and yes, I know a handful of people that took Levels 1-4 over a period of a couple months because they had the time and the resources to do so. Where are they at in their work? Level One, most of them.

Just know coming into the class that it is a Level Three class, and a big part is generated from the questions regarding your practice and experience(as is Level Four). Yes there is training and meditations, but different than One and Two, you are building from your confidence and experience, rather than learning a series of exercises or healing process.

Don't be intimidated, you come to the class however, and at whatever skill level you are at. You'll receive benefit from being there. Some things may click, and others you may just not be able to experience.

I get quite a few emails asking what I'd recommend a person do or be able to do to be ready for Level Three, and again for Level Four. My answers tend to be something like:

Level Three
  • Show Up. If it's something you are drawn to do, sign up and get there.
  • Wear layers - bring blankets. Whether you're inside during a winter class, or sitting along the beach during a Level Four water meditation, wear layers of clothing to adjust as needed, and bring a pillow or comfortable blankets to sit on and keep your knees and body warm during sometimes drafty meditation conditions.
  • Be loving, kind, and forgiving to others and yourself. You may get to the class and some people are seeing incredible images, smelling incense, and feeling intense sensations during their practice. You are perfect experiencing what you are, and are not. Appreciate that. You may find yourself in meditation next to someone who's snoring, grinding their teeth, yawning, shaking, or has an odor. Appreciate that and bring yourself back to your mediation. Your intention may be to be still in a certain posture throughout the meditation, and you don't make it to the end. Appreciate that and bring yourself back to the mediation.
  • Practice, practice, practice detecting at every opportunity Sick plant, kid, limping person in the park, your colleague's headache, etc.
  • Practice, practice, practice the healing steps. "I don't have anyone to work on" isn't accurate. Stand in front of the mirror each morning after brushing your teeth, detect, and do the healing process on yourself.
  • Spend time doing the hour-long version of the Small Universe meditation. The Sun and Moon meditations in Level Three are an hour long, and depending on the group, Chunyi may go a bit longer. "Can we have a shorter meditation tonight?" isn't respectful request to those who have put in the time. If you want to be done with the meditation, quietly go out of the room, or lay back on the floor and continue it while sleeping - it doesn't matter to Chunyi or the person next to you.
  • Be respectful to others attending a Level Three class This isn't the place to ask whether you're doing a certain Level One or Two exercise correctly. If you have a question regarding these, retake that class, go back to your manual/course, or call for free coaching at Learning Strategies if you purchaced their home study course. Master Lin may or may not answer the question since he has Level Three materials to cover and build on. The exception here, is the 6-day Learning Strategies Spring Forest Qigong Retreat. Even though it goes into some Level Three material and even topics not taught in Level 1-4 classes, it is also set up to take questions and review Levels One and Two, so you can become more solid in your skills.
  • Choose one or more days to do an apple fast during the class. Stick to what you've chosen - no more, no less.

Level Four
  • Same as above
  • Spend time doing longer meditations.
  • Start working on that lotus sitting posture if you haven't already. Yes, there will probably only be one or two people in the whole group doing it, but there isn't a better time to receive the added energetic assistance during it than when Master Lin is walking around sending energy.
  • Close your mouth and open your heart. Yes, ask your questions of Chunyi, and take advantage of the opportunity of being in that energy to have quiet to yourself time, rather than expending the energy always looking to talk to someone.

Much Love, Shawn

Thanks so much, Shawn for these very helpful suggestions. I just got a flyer in the mail today informing me about the "Higher Energy" SFQ class in Southern California.

It is might not work out this year, because of the money, but I am really drawn to this training. I have been working on a lot of people in my congregation, family, friends, pets etc and feel very motivated to learn at a Level III training. It also looks like I finally have a support group starting up this Sunday. As I said in another thread, there will be two articles in two local daily newspapers this weekend.

The fact that there is this class in So Cal, makes it more likely than me trying to attend the Minnesota classes this summer, but it all depends on financial status. If I was going to do it, I would like to take advantage of the early bird special of $200 off, but it is likely that I will be able to make this decision in the next 10 days (I want to, but I also am married and my spousal overunit might not agree).

But if not this year, then certainly next year. I will begin saving up for it.

Again, I and others are very grateful to you for providing guidance on this subject.

Blessings,

Steve

blessings,

Steve
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved