Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64060 01/20/08 10:24 PM
Stella Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello everyone
Our home is an old style and the stove in the kitchen is recessed into the wall. This recess is actually a chimney which is open to the roof space, so steam etc goes up the chimney. We do clean it regularly but sometimes dirt/dust has fallen down onto the stove which is not good.

Is it better to have the chimney swept more often and leave it as it is or close off the chimney and install a rangehood/filter ?

It worries me that if I install the rangehood, eventually the dust,etc will collect on top of it and that would be harder to get to - so I guess the best solution I can think of is to clean the area, close the chimney off at the top so nothing can "drop in" and install a rangehood/filter.

I would appreciate any advice.
Thank you.

Stella

Stella #64061 01/21/08 06:39 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Stella,

Check with some remodeling/builders, or if you have those "Home Show Conventions" in your area, or see if there are any home improvement /design. renovation forums out their you can put this out there to.

There may be some creative things being done for those type of situations.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved