Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Murof Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

Right at the moment I really miss an inner sparkle or wonderful driving force feeling for my work and to get working. I got this super job (earning 100.000 US$/year), free car and gas, all food and expenses paid by the company, don't have any boss who is saying "You should work from 8-16, then you can go home" etc.. The work is entirely up to me. It's a job as a technical manager, where the job mostly working and answering emails, but also selling equipment with a very technical knowledge. But the thing is that it's mostly at one big specific costumer, and there is really not much selling. Mostly only working with science knowledge and problems and administrative work. I think it's sometimes fun working with it, when I get in to the "zone". But I don't feel a drive for the work in general....

I was wondering is there a way to increase the driving force for a work, so you just jump out of bed each morning and feel that you really would like to work. You just can't wait to get up in the morning and start working? Right now I feel a little lazy, often sleep long because I just don't feel that drive to work. When I think of working I get a feeling of "damn, not now.. don't want to do that now". But when I start working, I often start liking it..

Of course there is the action :You can just start searching for another job.. Find the job that fits you. But that option I don't want. I think it will be the same in other kind of jobs like this one...I want to increase the driving feeling for this work. Another reason is that it has so many real good benefits compared to other kinda jobs etc..

Need some help and suggestions. Both to what generally can be done, and also on using paraliminals for that issue...

Thankyou..
Murof.

Murof,

I understand EXACTLY what you are talking about... I have/had the same issue and am in a versy similar situation....

To be honest with you.. NOTHING worked.. I listened to 'Peak performance', 'getting around to it' and several other products several times... I also got several offers to do consulting work .. which would have given me 3 times more money as compared to what I make now... but I didn't take them because the work is even more and one needs to be really motivated for those kinds of jobs...

until I got a warning from my manager who said that as a senior engineer they expect a lot from me.. and if I can't get my performance up, I'd be let go....Then out of fear (I know its sad to say that).. my performance increased.

I am still not happy/satisfied... I don't still have the inner driving force that would force me out of the bed ... and give me limitless energy and creativity. I am looking to see if I can change profession to find a job which would give me that inner drive.

Moral of the story is... "nothing changes until you change" .. these products may work for others, but they have not fulfilled the promise for me.. perhaps I had a deep rooted issue.. procrastination/laziness is just a symptom...

If you have the inner drive, then these products may help you get better..

just wanted to share my experience with you whatever its worth.

Daken

Last edited by Daken; 01/26/08 05:48 PM.

This probably won't be all that helpful to you, because most people aren't willing to be as flexible as I am and have almost always been--but maybe it will help you to know that lots of people are in the same boat. Great job, supposedly everything you want, and after awhile--yawwwnnnnn...

What worked for me was freelancing. I know many want the security of a fulltime job with all the bennies, and I know that's also a good way to go--for some. I never had a problem with staying employed, and I had many, many offers to work full-time at some place that I turned down.

I just think that for some of us (perhaps not necessarily you), a new challenge keeps us going. Once you've gotten the hang of a job and most if not all of the ins and outs, there's not much excitement left--at least for me. Some people are fine with it.

So just a question to ponder: do you think that perhaps the paras ARE working, and that your OTC is trying to nudge you out of your comfortable, familiar niche and into something else? Maybe something that will give you that sense of learning something new? Not saying (at all) that's what you should do, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Jeanne

Murof Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Daken.

Yes I think you might be right, that problem is maybe the job's fault. Not givin me enoúgh innder sparkle to wanting it really bad...

A warning from you manager might help you to get moving, because what is the driving you to get up in the morning is probably your fear of getting fired hehe.... When I had other jobs before my university exam and this job, then it was more like store selling jobs. Like working in a store and sell stuff and big equipments, where many poeople came in.. And did you not show up on time, you were fired!! That really helped me get up in the morning. But the job was kinda fun too. Talking to a lot of people.. Some people are angry, other people fun etc.. I thought that that was fun to do also. So it was a mix of scarcity to get up in the morning and also that the job was a little fun. But the money was really the lowest. Like earning at that time around 35-38.000 US$ a year. So did not have money for anything. And anybody could do that job without much education and knowledge.

Have you tried to use the New Option Generator to see if you could find an option to something that could create your inner drive for a job? Will that work?

Best Regards
Murof

Murof Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Jeanne.

I can see your point.. But I have not had this job for a long while, only for 7-8 months, so it's quite new to me still. A lot to learn. So it's not because I feel I'm bored, because I know it all. I don't know it all yet, and still have much to learn... But all this email stuff, organising your emails, answering emails, working on scientific problems, talk to the costumer about solutions. I get around 20-30 emails a day! Mostly it's very difficult problems, but I always get the hang of the problems and things that I want to solve. But I don't feel it's that fun to do... And when I think of my work I feel a little like, well... It has to be done. And doing it can be very hard. You have to think really a lot about what you are doing etc.. And how to solve things. Sometimes so much you feel frustrated in a way. But maybe that's only beginners frustration, and after a time, I probably feel that it flows more...

Best Regards
Murof.

....some people do work that gives them an inner sparkle, some people do work that gives them the means to have the sparkle on their own time. 100K per year plus expenses is a pretty good living, and it sounds like you have money and time to do some pretty interesting things!

I know a fellow, a journeyman electrician, bored silly with the work itself, but it pays very well. He works so that he can do what he loves- race stock cars, coach soccer, go to concerts.

vitaman

Try and make it a game of how little effort you can put in and still perform well enough so you don't worry about getting fired. try listening to instantaeous personal magnetism, and use George Castanza as your model.

Try figuring out a way how your skills you use at work can be used to become a super pimp outside of work. It's been a while, but I'm sure there are some exercises in Genius Code that can help.

study conversatinal ericksonian hypnosis and use work as an opportunity to covertly convince people that you are a god. Self esteem supercharger can help with this. Or maybe IPM, again, and use bugs bunny as your model.

Try the exercise in Memory Optimizer, where you call familiar objects by a different name for like 5 minutes everyday, its supposed to make everything fresh and new.

finsish the following sentence stem every morning before work, at least 10 times (or however many times it takes to kill your self editor):

Today I will make my job fun and exciting by....

or you could go totally old school, and take 3 days off and live like a homeless person, so you are grateful for what you have...

Or you could take Vitamans advice, and realize that for most people, work is for making money so that you can enjoy LIFE!!!!

personally, I'd go the Castanza route if I was you..

George

You have a great sense of humor, George! Wise, too.

vitaman

hey hey... well I have to say I have finally found what I have been looking for workwise.. Not only does it help my well being, but also other's well being. I have an open schedule and room for creativity in a way. It has potential to pay very very well if that is what one desires. Anyhow, it will have challenges for me as it has some personal growth issues in it also (in terms of presentation), but there is also the challenge of figuring out how to make it easy to do and that is where the fun could come in. And also rewarding. So what I can say is whatever you desire could be out there.... although it sounds like with imagination you may be where you need to be at this time.

cheers~*

ps... I haven't quite gotten into my work yet, but I am so excited to have finally found it. Can you imagine after all these years?

Murof Offline OP
OP Offline

Vita-man and George.

I think it's right, that I should keep the job.. That is what i deffinately is more drawn to do.. Do not have a clue of what else kind of job it should be.. Not a storedepartment kinda job, because it's to low in salery. And that would be a really really waste of my whole university education!

And have been thinking a little bit. Earning that money is really nice, and I enjoy the freedom I have in my speartime and in breaks when I work. I can eat anything for free, any meal I like, and the company pays it.. Or the luxury that if I want to stay in some city overnight on a Hotel, I can do that for free. And drive wherever I want for free in the car, just as long it's inside the country. And I feel more cleared on the thougt that I tell myself that the company is paying me for working 37-40 hours a week. That's around 8 hours pr day I should be active with the job and solving problems. The rest of the time is for enjoying. I feel a little more motivated for the job, when I think of it this way. Then it does not sound that bad... Feels better.

Vita-man, George, I just read "The George Castanza Philosophy of Work" Sounds good to me. And he is probably right. Unfortunately I have a boss that is looking for results... Not by showing I'm busy.. He don't care even a bit about that hehe.... Results Results.. If I work 5-10 hours a week all year long and get good sales results, thats fine by him.. If I work 50-70 hours each week all year long, and don't get good sales results, I'm out... He is too cruel..*S. Maybe my Memory and results can improve by what you mention using IPM, hypnosis and Memory course etc..
But what more can increase my motivation for my work work?

Best Regards
Murof

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved