Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Thank you for the information.

Thanks, great insight. Just one question, not mix the CD's up?
Do you mean per day or stay on the same CD before moving on to another? Is it ok to do multiple different CD's as long as the goal remains the same?

Originally Posted By: Paula
Thanks, great insight. Just one question, not mix the CD's up?
Do you mean per day or stay on the same CD before moving on to another? Is it ok to do multiple different CD's as long as the goal remains the same?

I hope that's what it means. ;\) That's how I use them--more than one per day, but usually supporting the same goal.

I was told by the coach not to mix up CDs. He said stick to one goal and one CD for as long as you need it or for as long as it says in the instructions.

I intend to listen to the CD I have chosen and the goal I have for 4 weeks, with a 20 minute break between each Section every time I listen. Then I will move on ot the next goal and CD.

I hope it helps.

Excellent post Goddess! I'm not surprised that you had received the advice that you did from your toll call. Learning Strategies used to have (maybe she still works there for all I know) an employee who played her paraliminal non-stop in the background on her Walkman while working. This was mentioned in great detail in a thread on this forum. The thread is a really old one but this was covered in great detail. Some others in that thread spliced the dual induction parts of the tape onto one recording and played them non-stop---again with good results.
I won't go so far as to say that the recordings need to be played non-stop in order to work. In fact, the whole business with the 20 minute rest/pause is to provide an incubation period for the subconscious to organize the information it's received (from the recording). Paul Scheele designed the recordings to be used in a certain way. I merely point out what others have done in experimenting with them AND the fact that good (great in some cases) results were achieved with NON-standard methods. Talking to the counsellors at the toll-free number, I have found that they, themselves, are not tied to just one way of doing things.
As to having a hard time sleeping after so many playings, this is merely a matter of over-stimulation. I agree with Alex on not using the sleep portion for more than 1 hour at night. Your mind has other things it needs to do (aside from taking suggestions) to prepare you for the next day. That's what Alex (a lady by the way) believes and I agree with her.
Also, regarding Alex. I think that she has done a fantastic job on this forum. I have always had the utmost repect for her and what she posts. I mention that so that there is no misunderstanding about my disagreement with her post. I have never seen anything, anywhere to suggest that the subconscious mind is going to reach a negative conclusion, let alone act on it, about repeated listenings.
I would suggest for those who really interested in such things to go to the very beginning of the forum and start reading the threads that pertain to this topic. You'll find ALOT of interesting information! --- Mike

Thank You Mike.
I totally agree with the incubation period that the brain needs to reorganize as it processes this new information. I found myself unable to sleep one night because I had listened to different CDs back to back and the sleeping track on top of it.

Now I listen to the sleeping track twice or may be three times the most. I do find myself waking up, which to me it's an indicator that the brain has had enough and needs a break.

I appreciate all this advice. Have you been using Paraliminals for a long time? What has your result with them been?

Once a week or so, after I have used one full session of a Paraliminal I fall asleep with the sleep track on continuous. Unfortunately, I do not thing there is a playing device which allows a person to program the number of repeats. As advised through the Paraliminal booklets, as soon as I wake up, to turn the MP3 player off.

I agree that the night is meant to give rest to the brain, so I think playing the sleept track 2-3 times at most should be enough.

I agree that Alex has been a wonderful moderator over the years and provided great advise to everybody.

Exotic Goddess,

I have used paraliminals for years. I have found that they really help my memory recall and abilitiy to learn immensely. The Memory and Personal Genius tapes were extremely helpful to me. I also used different tapes to help me with my singing in front of others. I used to sing at restaurant with some others once a week and found that the tapes would help me remember lyrics, and gain new insights into how to perform a song. I would use the prosperity tape also as I pictured an abundance of applause. The charisma tape I would just use the meat of and picture myself performing with absolute confidence. Anyway, I got great results. I'm not going to say that I didn't have the occasional mistake because I did but I did get some really neat results that I can honestly attribute to the tapes. For example, I got the audience clapping enthusiastically just as I pictured. I got some insights into songs even as I sang them but in such an intuitive way that I could enhance them in a way that made a huge difference. One that really came to mind was the ballad 'That's All'. I started out with a middle-of-the-road approach that was okay and "acceptable" but as I searched the audience's eyes, something popped into my mind to BE who the part the composer was asking for....a vulnerable, transparent man with a humble background who is offering all that he is to the love of his life as honestly and genuinely as he could. In other words, the exact approach necessary to communicate to the audience the way the composer desired. Well, it made all the difference in the world! People came up to me after the performance remarking as to how they were moved by the words of that song! Also, one of our group came to me and said,"Mike, I don't know what you're doing but I hope you keep it up!" There have been other positives from the paraliminals but those are a few of my favorites.---Mike

Thank You Mike for sharing your beautiful experience.

I do believe that it's not the tapes though, it's what we have inside of us that does all the magic, but the tapes help bring it out, and basically let our unconscious work for us, not against us. It's only when we trust it enough that we make it work, if we didn't it wouldn't work.

As long as the overall picture is really in the direction that you want it to be so you can thrive, that's the most important, drawbacks here and there are what make life interesting.

To hold, you need to open your hand. Let Go!

Exotic Goddess (by the way I love that name), I DO agree with you. In my own case, I'd studied music and singing going back to the early '70's so there was alot inside me already. HOWEVER....that said, ANY tool that would help us unlock and access our best that we have is absolutely invaluable. But yes, to your point, we are ALREADY so much more capable than we can ever imagine. The biggest thing we need to do is to allow what's inside us to rise to the surface. Of course, this is what performing is about anyways. There are any number of people who sing quite beautifully in the shower. Put them on stage and their singing becomes anything but relaxed, confident and natural. For a singer, there are any number of uses (and tapes) that can be of help. It's very easy to see where a singer could be benefited but I believe it is equally true that we all perform in different ways whether it be studying, reading, making a sales call, explaining to our children the importance of being honest and truth, etc.. People don't SEE these as performances but they are in that there are skills and abilities that we have that need to be let out in their best forms in order to succeed. For example, take talking to your child. A parent needs to be a good listener. A parent needs to be secure enough within him/herself that he/she can be patient and understanding while at the same time setting the boundaries and limits that the child needs. The parent might also need to be able to be a good story teller whether in helping the child get to sleep at night OR relaying true stories in a way that will help the child understand an important lesson of life the parent wants to instill. So many things that we take for granted really require us to "perform" in one way or another. The salesman has MANY things he has to learn and master in order to do his job successfully as does a teacher, nurse, policeman, etc.. The paraliminals help us access what we ALREADY have within us in the most helpful/useful and valuable ways. I do NOT for one minute think that they're the only tool that does a good job (Peter Bissonnette says that there are many roads that lead to Chicago and I agree!;) but they ARE tools that work. They have many strengths and a few weaknesses to them but all in all, they are good tools for self-improvement in my opinion.
Thanks for the reply Exotic! -- Mike

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved