Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
 Quote:
If one were to listen to the paraliminal CDs multiple times per day (2-3 times) would this have a greater effect and bring about change more rapidly than listening to the CDs once per day, or would the additional repeat listenings have negligible effect and be a waste of time?

Use the sleep learning track while dropping off to sleep. Other than that no... by repeated listing you're telling yourself you don't trust your mind.

If you answer the questions in the booklet (or least try to) then you know you purpose for listening and have set your intention. This means that one listening in a day is more than enough.

AlexK

Do all paraliminals contain a sleep track? Do the sonic access cds contain sleep tracks? Also... I am using Automatic Pilot to help reach my weight loss goals... I also wanted to use sonic access Health to assist with that goal as well. Can I still listen to the Success cd for financial success in the same day (or during the same time) or would there be too many messages?

Learning Strategies Admin

The underlying desperation to have magic cures work instantly is where the subconscious gets the message that you don't trust the process. I pass on that advise because Paul himself advised that in one of his TeleSeminars.

The instruction booklet has advise that is unique to each Paraliminal and realistically no one has time to do more than one proper listening. If you are working on a deep goal use a couple of different Paraliminals. Hit the goal with different angles.

Majority of people find affirmations do not work because of the quiet scream of desperation that often shows up when we try to make changes.

All the Paraliminals have a sleep learning track. Listed in the booklet.

Sonic Access is a meditation program. Unlike the individual Paraliminal works with at developing your meditation skills in a more indirect way.

All Paraliminals are designed to let you see results with one or two listening. If you straight away jump to another listening you've stomped out the results you got and never even noticed them. Take the time to observe what you got. That's an important part of personal growth. By looking at the booklet and answering the questions you get a chance to notice any shifts in your experience.

AlexK

Not all Paraliminals have sleep tracks, but most do. The booklet will give you the information.

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
The underlying desperation to have magic cures work instantly is where the subconscious gets the message that you don't trust the process. I pass on that advise because Paul himself advised that in one of his TeleSeminars.

The instruction booklet has advise that is unique to each Paraliminal and realistically no one has time to do more than one proper listening. If you are working on a deep goal use a couple of different Paraliminals. Hit the goal with different angles.

Majority of people find affirmations do not work because of the quiet scream of desperation that often shows up when we try to make changes.

All the Paraliminals have a sleep learning track. Listed in the booklet.

Sonic Access is a meditation program. Unlike the individual Paraliminal works with at developing your meditation skills in a more indirect way.

All Paraliminals are designed to let you see results with one or two listening. If you straight away jump to another listening you've stomped out the results you got and never even noticed them. Take the time to observe what you got. That's an important part of personal growth. By looking at the booklet and answering the questions you get a chance to notice any shifts in your experience.

AlexK
Alex, I was the one who questioned where you got the information about repeated listenings, not Shemi. In any case, that's not important. First off, I appreciate your replying to this post in your (very typical) straightforward and honest way. With all due respect to Paul Scheele, this 'quiet stream of desperation' that you mentioned is another conclusion to explain repeated listenings that may or may not be true with a particular individual. Maybe the individual simply ENJOYS the way he/she feels during the listening and decides to have a little more of the same. Maybe the listeners discerns some changes taking place on the first listening and wants to add to them. Maybe the person is so ingrained in the need for repitition after many years of doing affirmations (where repitition is paramount). These are just a few of the possibilities of why someone MIGHT opt for repeated listenings. Rightly or wrongly, these reasons have nothing to do with a scream of desperation. To the contrary, a person may very well see additional listenings to be WELL WORTH the extra time necessary to experience them. He/she may very well (maybe even likely) be doing the additional listenings from a state of confidence (that every little bit/listening) counts and with a very positive expectancy. To assume that ANY, let alone typical listeners, are dealing with a scream of desperation is to me unfounded at best and irrational at worst. I would say that each person (as well as the challenges they're facing) is different. I can also tell you with 100% certainty that every time I ever listened to a Paraliminal was with a very positive state of mind. The challenges I faced may have been challenging but I KNEW that the tape that I was listening to was powerful and that helped me have a very positive intent and expectancy before, during and after the listening. I suspect the same is true for many other who listen to these recordings.
Also Alex, as you well know, in the earlier days of this forum, there were some highly interesting threads about splicing the meat of a paraliminal and listening to it repeatedly. I would imagine that those threads still exist today. There were different posters who reported good success via their experimenting with both splicing and repeated listenings. One of the most interesting was about a Personal Learning employee who worked throughout the day with a Walkman playing a paraliminal over and over. Now, that would never be for me but the thread mentioned that she got great results from doing just that. I don't recall whether that post came from Sandy (the former moderator) or Peter Bissonette or Paul himself. It certainly didn't come from one of us on the outside (of the company).
Finally, the sleep section is in essence a conceding if you will that those who, in the earlier days of this forum, were most definitely ON to something! Think about it. The sleep section is the meat section of the tape (exactly what they were splicing). It is meant to be played AT LEAST one time at a setting and I suspect that many will play it more than once. I believe that says it all about repeated listenings. I do believe that it is a good idea to state your intention just before you listen to the sleep section and like you, I also believe that the sleep section shouldn't be listened to more than perhaps an hour or two at night. Our minds have more things to do at night besides just learning new material. I agree with you wholeheartedly on that accord.
For alot of us, those screams of desperation are not really screams of desperation at all, they're cheers of confidence, positive expectancy and enthusiasm!

My experience:

When I first started using the Paraliminals, I had quite a few "emergency" issues. I was, in general, in a bad way. I listened quite a bit more than recommended, and had the same results reported by a number of people who listened frequently: insomnia, spaced out, etc. The upside was I really did feel hugely better, many seemingly unrelated problems went away, and I began to discern the priority of my goals, needs, and wants. It was like having an ever present compassionate voice affirming me and my choices. I think that my negative thoughts had become so entrenched that the time and room they took up in my mind needed to be filled with something completely different.

So repeated listening of a variety of paraliminals was actually very therapeutic for a short while, maybe about 3 weeks. It quickly became evident that my subconscious no longer liked the repetition and that after a while the repetition was sort of like a vote of no faith. There really did need to be some time for incubation, and also a little space into which my own creativity and that of the universe could move in and help out.

I am just coming to the end of a second attempt (on the same goal) on the Paraliminal Accelerator. Although I would have liked to have gone straight through the 40 days without a break, I suspect that my subconscious may have needed some gaps between daily listening and practice to either "really get it" or to surrender the old patterns, or both.

The Learning Strategies recommendations for use have mostly been right on the mark. Some of the instructions do seem rather vague, and that may be intentional, at least in part. It's really important for the user to take ownership of the process of "changing your mind." Also, by doing the process as recommended, you will have enough time and mental/emotional focus to be open to opportunities for appropriate action in the physical world.

I hope this helps. It is a good thread with a lot of good ideas.

The tapes which were spliced did not have a Holosync soundtrack. I would not listen to them repeatedly on the go because they are entrainment sounds.

Quote:
For alot of us, those screams of desperation are not really screams of desperation at all, they're cheers of confidence, positive expectancy and enthusiasm!
If that were only true. They worked out we have about 65,000 thoughts a day and more than 60% of them are negative. \:D

I won't begrudge someone who has confidently experienced results with Paraliminals to use them as much as they want. They know what they are able to expect.

Those new to Paraliminals I will continue to recommend go slow and use with moderation. The brain is probably not used to alpha and theta entrainment. Which in immediate overuse can cause headaches and discomfort. For that reason I don't recommend splicing the Paraliminals with the Holosync soundtracks together. Sticking with one for sleep learning and not use them during the awake state where your attention needs to be on the ball. Especially not while driving or using machinery.

When someone posts on the forum and asks when they will see results. The desperation is apparent. One sees results when one is prepared to slow down and look.

I write my post for the beginners and those new to Paraliminals.

Alex

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved