Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CPW1 Offline OP
OP Offline

I am teling you my mistakes so you do not make them.

1. Around the wrong people.
2. I would not let go of past completely.
3. I entertained useless daydreaming.
4. Complained about my current sitution to much instead of focusing on were I wanted to be.
5. Told the wrong people.
6. Thought too small.
7. Did not stick to one goal.
8. Not taking action.
9. Watching to much T.V.
10. Caring want people thought.
11 Not appecting reponsibility myself.
12 Blaming others for my past experiences.
13. Going against my gut feeling.

I hope this helps out someone not getting the results you want please tell me some mistakes you made that I can avoid.

14. sleeping too late in the mornings
15 wasting too much time on the internet
16. not taking enough risks
17. being afraid to make mistkakes
18. negative thinking
19. believing I'm a victim

anybody else?

Nice Post.

Alot of these so called mistakes really aren't. Sometimes you need the down time to let the Universe complete cooking the menu for you.

Another thing is to find that motivation that will make you unstoppable in your amibition to succeed. Some people can "fake it until they make it" but I never could.

I found that being my kids "Business Manager" has really become just that and it has become my Business. It is one of those motivating things that "failure is no option". Can't entertain a negative thought about it, no matter the work load. I take all these aspects of running a business, such as, long & short term planning in education, athletics, finance, skill building and doing the paperwork. Look at their natural gifts and abilities and try to compliment the tools they need to develope them.

Then I get out of the way. This has been probably the most rewarding thing I have ever done and I get to use all those years of education and organizational stuff in a practical way that I see real returns on. Yeah Baby!

Big mistakes I have made:

Helping people that didn't appreciate it and then they think you still owe them. They suck all the energy out of you.

Not taking care of my own health, wasting time doing things that weren't rewarding.

Not taking the time to decide what was the best utilization of my time and then having the disciple to follow through on that.

Not staying focused on that deep motivating factor inside myself that will overcome all obstacles.

I think my mistakes mainly consist of:

1. Putting value on what others think. Dr. Dyer gave me an affirmation the other day that really freed me on very real, deep basis: "What you think about me is none of my business." The value, and the point of power, is in my own thoughts.

2. Accepting other people's truths as my own. This is something I have done all of my life- as we all do. But now I am learning that I do not need to accept anyone else's truth. I can believe what I really do, instead.

3. I have recently learned to reframe things, because I also would be "honest" about my life in blunt and direct ways. So now instead of saying, "I am sick," I choose to say, "I am currently looking forward to feeling completely healthy!"

4. I judged myself as having done things "wrong" instead of simply having more opportunities to learn how to do things "right."

5. I believed I needed to control my thoughts- but I tried to control the wrong ones. I tried to "undo" reality rather than reframing it in such a way where I could still find truth in the statement, but where it changed my perspective enough for me to move forward on a more positive mental and emotional framework.

6. I believed that thoughts are the point of power, not emotions. But I have come to understand that thoughts lead to emotions, and that is why it is good to control our thoughts- because they control the emotions we experience, and the emotions we experience are the magnets that draw our desires to us (or pushes them away).

CPW1 Offline OP
OP Offline

This just popped in my head. I did not take meditating serious.

Originally Posted By: CPW1
I am teling you my mistakes so you do not make them.

Hi there,

Please define "Mistake" so that I can join and comment on this topic.

"A mind engaged by positive thoughts will eventually express desirable physical actions."

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved