Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64306 02/06/08 08:44 AM
OP Offline

I’m writing this down so I WILL DO IT: My New Year’s resolution is to learn French in France! I took all sorts of other language classes in school – German, Spanish and even Russian but it was just the French which stuck with me (I have the suspicion it stems from my love of their Bordeaux wine!). Despite having had classes previously, I’d still only class myself as a beginner – the grammar is actually probably more advanced but what really troubles me is the speaking of the French! That’s why I am so eager to get to France itself, to immerse myself in their language and force myself to speak it. As I said, my grammar’s really quite good but what use is it to be able to write down the various conjugations of verbs and not even be able to hold a conversation about the weather! Hopefully I’ll be able to get back to you in a month or so, having made the trip across the Channel and back again, fluent in French! As well as personal growth, there is a point to all this language learning – my next plan (maybe resolution 2009…) is to take a TESOL course and give me the opportunity of working abroad – then I can choose from not just France – but practically anywhere in the world!

Good Luck!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved