Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5974 05/11/03 07:41 PM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Has anybody here tried a series of tapes called Open Focus by Les Fehmi? I tried them and they were very useful.

#5975 05/12/03 04:14 AM

Hi Hoss,

Yes, I have tried the Open Focus method. In fact, I attended an Open Focus seminar in Princeton, personally taught by Dr Les Fehmi. It is very good. What benefits have you got from it?

#5976 05/12/03 05:32 AM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

I have always had a mild obsessive-compulsive disorder. It was not debilitating, but it was very difficult to deal with. Last year, a friend of mine told me about the open focus tapes, and how they could be beneficial. I took the advice and I ordered the tapes. The effects were amazing. Within just a few days, the obsessive-compulsive urges were 90% gone! The best part is that they have never returned. The program was definitelt worth the money.

#5977 05/12/03 01:31 PM

I like the Open Focus tapes as well.

The open focus process corresponds to step 2 of the natural brilliance model, "notice". (Whereas tools like the Sedona method cover step 1, "release") It has had many different benefits for me, but primarily it has enabled me to solve problems better at work. I also find it very easy to do the technique during the day, in the midst of doing something else.

BTW, I have only completed the first set of tapes, I haven't ordered level 2 or level 3. Can someone who has comment on what are the differences/benefits of the higher levels?

Thanks,

Garic

#5978 05/13/03 03:36 AM

Hi garics,

I have the first and second level Open Focus tapes, but not the third. My impression of the way the tapes are organized, is that the first level introduces you to the method, and takes you to a preliminary depth of the Open Focus experience (I tend to think of it as a form of meditation).

The second level takes you much deeper, by involving the joints and all the inner organs of the body in the visualizations. There is also a more advanced visualization of space in terms of the galaxies and the universe - which makes it very profound and powerful. The second level also includes a tape which introduces the concept of being in Open Focus in everyday, normal activities, which is the ultimate objective of the technique.

The third level involves further application of the technique to everyday, normal activities, and specifically to sports such as tennis or golf, where the method is supposed to really enhance one's performance.

To get a more accurate and better understanding of the different levels, I would recommend calling Dr Fehmi's office in Princeton, and asking them. He and his wife are extremely warm and helpful, and so are his office staff. In fact, the first time I called his office, he happened to be there next to the phone, and I was so thrilled to speak to "the man" himself, that I signed up for the seminar, which turned out to be excellent! He or his wife will also reply to your questions by e-mail, so that is another way to contact them.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

#5979 05/13/03 01:44 PM

Inquiring Mind,

Thanks for the description of level 2...sounds really interesting and I am probably going to order it since I have really benefitted from level 1.

Thanks so much!

#5980 05/13/03 03:24 PM

Hi garics,

You are welcome. I noticed you are from the Bethesda, MD area. I live in Washington, DC, so we are practically neighbors! If you are interested, we could meet sometime and exchange notes.

Cheers

#5981 05/13/03 04:35 PM

Inquiring Mind,

Yeah we should get together sometime...I don't know that many people around here who share my fanatical interest in personal development, although there seem to be many such people on this board.

I see you have an interest in "biomedical electronics"...does this include EEG biofeedback? Because a few months ago I purchased a Waverider Jr. and have been having fantastic and very interesting results with it...it is a very powerful adjunct to releasing, open focus, etc...

My email address is garic.schoen@tfn.com....
send me an email and we can compare notes..

Cheers

Garic

#5982 05/14/03 04:40 PM

Hi garics,

Thanks for your reply. As a matter of fact, I am a biomedical engineer by training, though I have not had a chance to use this education, having mostly worked in telecom and business software applications areas.

It is amazing that you mentioned EEG biofeedback, because I have been considering getting a BrainMaster EEG device , but I see that you have a WaveRider Jr. I would be very interested in finding out more about its features and capabilities. I will send you an e-mail, and we can get in touch. Cheers!

#5983 05/15/03 06:38 AM

Can someone please post a website where I can learn more about Open Focus? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved