Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64424 02/17/08 01:21 PM
OP Offline

Does anybody know what is tha best mindmapping software both free and for sale and what is the contact information to get it?

Thanks

The best one I have used is Mind Mapper, especially the 2008 version which has many advantages from the previous 2005.
You can have all the information on the official page "Mindmapper.com" and you can even download a free trial version for 30 days which I assure you you will enjoy it.
I have not tried any other program but maybe because the Mindmapper has given me everything I wanted.

iMindmap is really great. You can try it for free until 30 days.

http://www.imindmap.com/

Hope this helps!

Matt

OP Offline

Thanks alot.

Terry

mindjet is pretty cool

I know of three:
1. Free Mind is a very basic package, but it is free.
2. MindManage from MindJet is the gold standard. I have used it in business for years, and recommend it highly.
3. Personal Brain is new. I have had my copy for only a few weeks, but it is a wonderful piece of software - what MindManage wants to be. But it is like driving a fast sports car, and if you are not familiar with the mindmapping concept, you could get lost in its complexsity. It costs about a $150, as does MindManage. Look at the Personal Brain tutorial which is available on line.
Before you do anything, get a copy of "Idea Mapping: How to Access Your Hidden Brain Power, Learn Faster, Remember More, and Achieve Success in Business" by Jamie Nast. Amazon carries it for about $16.50. It gives a good overview of mind mapping and how you can do it without the software. When you are ready for software, I'd recommend starting with MindManage, and graduating to PersonalBrain, when you get really familiar with the process.
To find the web sites for all three, just put the argument Free Mind, or MindManage, or PersonalBrain in the browser search.
Good Luck. Mind mapping is a really exciting and useful technique.

NovaMind is pretty cool and I believe there is a version for Windows these days. I have the Mac version. It has a lot of cool features and comes in at least three different versions, depending on your use (one is for educators, just for example).

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved