Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all,

I've all my life done my best to be as open as possible in all communication situations. That is, give all the relevant details to discussion. Especially when I want something I give all the details, even at the cost of me not getting what I want. Sometimes this makes communication very difficult, when I try to give all the information, connections and reasons before I ask any question, however innocent.

This all is to say, I have made it a tedious and long process to ask the simplest things on email, on phone... etc. OK, it does not happen always like this ;-) But there is a certain tendency.

Well, today. Today I wrote an email that did not include all the details and information I considered relevant before asking the important thing. I did it because I felt it was easier. And... After sending it I started to feel weird.. ... ... What had I done? I had broken a life-long habbit! It felt good actually. I noticed a strange feeling in my head, as if braincells were shifting position, slightly dizzying... Eyes blinking, head tilting...

There's something else... like I had put myself in a more important position than before... like I gave myself the permission to make the decision, and not give that choice automatically to someone else.

A major belief change at the identity level? Possibly.

These small moments in life are amazing! I can stand taller now.

[He].2s2.2p4

Hello dear Oxygen,

It sounds to me like a real AHA! moment.

This is a breakthrough on several levels. You have realised you can give yourself permission to do something which makes your life easier. You put yourself first. You went the simple route.

I'd agree you have made a major change. Now don't start beating yourself up about it or mulling it over in your mind . Say thankyou and keep on doing it!

Love and light
Faune

Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Faune, my friend,

Thank you. You seem to understand.

From my part it all has meant an enormous amount of work and luck. Luck seems to have accumulated lately. Less work ;-))))

I have found peple that have made me huge favours. Without knowing it.. They just were in the right place in the right time. I have found resourceful states from the strangest places. (Don't want to say which, I would ruin all my credibility here in the forum... ;-)))))D Well this all is to say, I gues, you never jnow which things turn out to be useful. At one time it may seem you are wasting your time and making your fellow beings frustrated but... if you are motivated to do something, do it. Do whatever it takes, how bizarre it may seem.

[He].2s2.2p4

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:

if you are motivated to do something, do it. Do whatever it takes, how bizarre it may seem.

I think that sums it up

AlexK

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved