Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64548 02/28/08 07:56 PM
OP Offline

What is the sitting meditation. I am currently doing some of the active excerises for as long as I can, but I keep hearing about the sitting meditaion and not sure I know what that is. If somenone can explain this to me I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Sue

Quote:

What is the sitting meditation. I am currently doing some of the active excerises for as long as I can, but I keep hearing about the sitting meditaion and not sure I know what that is. If somenone can explain this to me I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Sue

Hi Sue!

There is a CD that comes with Level I that has two tracks on it: "Sitting Meditation" and "Self-Concentration". Truth is they are both "sittting meditations" (although they can both be done either sitting, standing or lying down).

The first one that is called "Sitting Meditation", is also called "Small Universe". That is the most important one. It is one of the key parts of SFQ and a lot of good energy work is done doing that.

Master Lin helps you prepare yourself with coaching you through relaxing, focusing on the lower tan tien, and then explaining how you will move the energy from one energy center to another (there are 12) in the "Small Universe" around your body (down the front and up the back) synchronized with your breathing. He coaches through the first three revolutions, then you continue on your own, with him still chanting "om" and "mo", alternating each one.

I get a lot of good qi work done using the Small Universe and it is highly recommended.

Self-concentration is a guided meditation, similar to what Master Lin does on a phone healing session. He has you relax parts of your body, stretch your spine and open up channels, all through mental focus. It is very good also, though not as vital as Small Universe.

Hope that helps.

blessings,

Steve
OP Offline

Thank you. I'll have to check to see if I have the cd. I do have the level one but I don't recall this cd but perhaps I missed it. Since I can't stand for very long periods this might be very helpful for me.

Quote:

Thank you. I'll have to check to see if I have the cd. I do have the level one but I don't recall this cd but perhaps I missed it. Since I can't stand for very long periods this might be very helpful for me.

FYI you can adapt the active exercises to do them sitting down. Or start standing with a chair close at hand. When you need to you can sit and still continue the exercises.

Hello Slarocco,

When I started SFQ I could not stand at all. (Arthritis in every joint and a recent operation on foot to remove arthritic joints).

It is perfectly OK to lie down, both for the active exercises and the meditations. I did, and it took me 3 months to achieve the standing and sitting positions. That happened because SFQ actually got rid of all the arthritic pain in my body. 4+ years later I am still pain free and have never had to take any painkillers ever!

Incidentally I still sometimes do Small Universe lying down in bed at night!

Only do what you can manage without pain or stress. If you have to lie down or sit down - do so. The Universal Energy is intelligent. It will come to you if you ask and will also go to where it is needed. If you want to see QI, ASK to see , look towards a shady corner of your room , preferably with a pale neutral background,just relax, go soft, and let it come to you. Don't reach out - trying too hard defeats the object - it will come. You will start to see little bits like snow or tiny squiggles in the air. They may be whiteish, silvery blue, or sometimes coloured. That is QI.

You don't have to do all the exercises, just do what you can manage comfortably. Eventually you will be able to do them all when you are ready. It is more about mindset and belief and having that 'knowing' that the Energy will do everything for your 'Highest Good'. Give yourself permission to let it happen. Relax and enjoy the experience.

Love and light
Faune

Faune #65226 04/23/08 06:50 PM

Hello,

Will the small universe work without the om and mo sound?

Thanks

Santo #65234 04/24/08 07:52 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha,

slarocco: CD #6 has the two guided sitting meditations on it.

faune: good to hear from you.

Santo: Yes, AND if you are doing the mediation in a part, by a stream, next to the ocean..."hear" the Ohms and muahs in your mind. Sounds is a powerful healing tool, and one of the essential parts of SFQ.

Much Love, Shawn

Hi, I just got my Qi Gong level 1 and 2 this week and I am still trying to familiarize myself with the active exercises plus trying to listen to the CDs and reading the manual.

I have one question: If I do my active exercises, do I finish with the ending exercises and then do the sitting meditation and another ending exercise?

Any info will be appreciated,

Brigitte

Originally Posted By: brigitte
Hi, I just got my Qi Gong level 1 and 2 this week and I am still trying to familiarize myself with the active exercises plus trying to listen to the CDs and reading the manual.

I have one question: If I do my active exercises, do I finish with the ending exercises and then do the sitting meditation and another ending exercise?

Any info will be appreciated,

Brigitte

There is no one perfect "right" way or order to practice in. Sometimes I do a little Active, then some meditation, then some more Active. Sometimes reversed.

However, you do not need to do an ending exercise after both the Active and the meditation, if doing them in conjuction or sequentially. In the scenario you outline, you can just do the Active, then the meditation and save the ending exercise for after the meditation. I usually do the ending of the Active (harvesting qi) after both when I do the order you stated. But you could just do the shorter version that ends the meditation. Depends on your time.

Best is probably to do the longer ending. But still very good to just do the short ending.

Hope that helps.

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved