Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64780 03/23/08 09:23 PM
OP Offline

Hey,
You've probably read some of my posts on the Photoreading forums, I'm on those a lot.
But I was considering purchasing Spring Forest Qigong.
I've been feeling pretty lousy lately, tired, exhausted, fatigued, and constantly sick. Nothing big, just colds, allergies, and all of those symptoms.
I also would like to prevent any sickness from coming using it, as during the winter season, I'm always feeling horrible. And state of mind, that would definitely help, especially for my photoreading. I heard some people have used SFQ to help them getting into the right state for Photoreading.
I would like to know how those who already took it rate it, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best.

Your opinion really helps!
Thank you,

Take Care

-JackTuff13

Quote:

Hey,
You've probably read some of my posts on the Photoreading forums, I'm on those a lot.
But I was considering purchasing Spring Forest Qigong.
I've been feeling pretty lousy lately, tired, exhausted, fatigued, and constantly sick. Nothing big, just colds, allergies, and all of those symptoms.
I also would like to prevent any sickness from coming using it, as during the winter season, I'm always feeling horrible. And state of mind, that would definitely help, especially for my photoreading. I heard some people have used SFQ to help them getting into the right state for Photoreading.
I would like to know how those who already took it rate it, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best.

Your opinion really helps!
Thank you,

Take Care

-JackTuff13

Hey Jack,

This is going to sound a bit like a broken record, since I have written this before on this forum, but IMHO, this is the single best product that LSC offers (and I have a few: PhotoReading, Natural Brilliance, almost all of the Paraliminals, Sonic Access, and a few others). I have studied and practiced various forms of qigong and Tai Chi for over 25 years. Again, IMHO, this is the best. It is the easiest to learn and to practice, results for many people will come very fast (relative to other systems... But again results may vary).

I have beat my migraines with SFQ an it has helped me with many other issues. If you already have a PhotoReading practice, I would wager that SFQ will help you with that as well.

ON a scale of 1-10, I rate it at least 1000!

Hope that helps!

OP Offline

Hey Shakurav,

Thanks a lot for your opinion. I'm hoping to have it before spring break, rating it a 1000 on a scale of 1-10 must mean it's really good. Anyone else have an opinion they would like to share?

-JackTuff13

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha JacjTuff13,

Thank you for the post. I don't peruse the PR Forums to have noticed you. I'm sure Alex appreciated your good questions.

Check out some of the posts like "Healing Outcomes," and "SFQ and Emphysemas." They are current and may give you a bit of what you are looking for. I mention this as most practitioners have tend to not reply to the direct: "give me proof" or "What has it done for you" type posts. They share of themselves in there posts and replies naturally, rather than showing up to make outgoing claims.

The 1-10 rating scale is pretty wide open as well. 10 being "best" compared to?

In regards to PhotoReading, I find SFQ gives me the the energy and groundedness in my lower Dantian to be able to spend the time in the upper while PhotoReading.

Much Love,

Shawn

OP Offline

Hey Shawn Grim,

I have some good news. I found a friend (neighbor, actually) that owns the course. I got it two nights ago, and I watched the video yesterday.

I am beginning to do the Active Exercises, and I already feel the effects. I have much more energy, and I'm much more relaxed, yet alert, though I don't have any pain really to speak of that it might help me with.

I would definitely give it a 10 as well, although I have a few questions.

When people say "practice Qigong for 10 minutes a day" or "30 minutes a day," does that mean going through that whole cycle of moves (Forming of yin and yang to harvesting) or does it mean just using one of those for the ten minutes or 30 minutes?

And one more thing. It is normal for it to not feel fluid at first? The first few runs I went through of the Active exercises, it felt weird and stiff, but as I kept going through it, trying to get the hang of it, it became a bit more fluid and I had to think of it a lot less. Is that normal?

Thanks again!

-JackTuff13

OP Offline

Hey again,

I just want to try to add some more to the first question I asked.

"When people say "practice Qigong for 10 minutes a day" or "30 minutes a day," does that mean going through that whole cycle of moves (Forming of yin and yang to harvesting) or does it mean just using one of those for the ten minutes or 30 minutes?"

Let's say someone practices for 2 hours a day. Do they do it at one time? Do they go through one whole cycle of those moves? Or do they do it once, then another time, then maybe a third time?

Is it ok to do it that second way?

And does anyone here just take out a step from the active exercise, for example, breathing of the universe, and perform that for the two hours??

-JackTuff13

OP Offline

Hey,

Shawn requested that I put up this Q/A that I had with him through Private messages.
Here it is:

Aloha JackTuff13,

These are all good questions that would be helpful for others to see and answer. Since this isn't a personal question, consider posting next time.~G

When people say they practice SFQ for 30 minutes or even 2 hours a day, does that mean that it takes them that long to go through that whole cycle of Active Exercises that Chunyi does in the video? Or do they take one component of it and do it for that long.

It could mean just about anything. They may go throught he active exercises on CD #5 or the Video and then do the hour-long sitting meditation after or later in the day.

Or it could mean they're doing two sets of active exercises throughout the day. Or it could mean just about anything.~G

And is it ok to do the cycle of Active Exercises more than one time per day?

Yes. That's not a problem at all. ~G

By cycle, I mean going from Beginning of the Universe, to forming of ying/yang, moving of ying/yang, breathing of the universe, etc all the way to harvesting.

By one component, I mean just doing like breathing of the universe.

You can do one component for 2,5,10,20,60, or 120 minutes if you'd like. OR you could do two components for 5,10,20,60, or 120 minutes each if you'd like.

The recommendation would be if you only have a little time, don't go through all the exercises - spend time with one or two so you can get deeper into the emptiness, rather than changing up all the time.

If you are going to do active exercises and a sitting mediation, then have the meditation follow the exercises and don't do the harvesting of Qi until after the mediation.

Ok cool.

So if I have 30 minutes, I could do forming of ying and yang, then breathing of the universe in that 3o minutes? Then just do harvesting after?

This is probbably my last question.

Thanks for all the help!

Yeppers!

Much Love,

Shawn

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

-JackTuff13

Last edited by Shawn_Grim; 04/03/08 01:50 AM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Here is a follow up question:

Quote:

Thanks Shawn,

I actually did post it on my "Spring Forest Qigong" post, but I thought you might answer a little faster.

If I only do two exercises though, is it necessary to do harvesting after?

Sending a private email doesn't get a response any quicker, it just take more of my time to place it on the public Forum .

So for the benefit of others on the Forum, would all members send a private email only if it's of private concern. Thank you all - you've been really good for a number of years now, but I thought I'd just put out a reminder.

Even if you just do one - do the harvesting.

Does it have to be the entire set? No.

If you are pressed for time, take three deep breaths while focusing in your lower Dantian, then do an abbreviated version of the harvesting up to and including the ear massage. You'll notice he guides you though an abbreviated version at the end of the meditations.

Speaking of meditations...if you are planning to go to bed after your SFQ practice, skip the harvesting and do it right when you wake up.

and again speaking of meditation (I'm on a roll I guess), if you finish your mediation and feel like you'd like to do the entire harvesting set rather than the abbreviated one, go ahead, it's all good.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved