Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
markzor Offline OP
OP Offline

I photoread a whole dictionary over and over. i did not go through all the other steps except the photoread step itself. SO what i thought was, hey.. my sub-conscious will absorb a portion of it. So I played with it and photoread the dictionary over and over. This of course, means that I was photoreading at a rate well over 800,000 words per 4 seconds. Without activation, i wouldn't know it consciously. But i trust my sub-conscious to do the work.

I got the dictionary, I flipped it from the starting page to the ending page, vice versa. When I was doing this, I was on photofocus the whole time. I can see the blip page with ease.

How did i do it?
I got the dictionary. I flip the book's pages from the beginning to the end at a rate which can complete the book under 8 seconds. It was as if I was reading subliminally. Hence again, I was on photofocus the whole time and i can see both of the sides. Also my dictionary had 800 pages.

What is the meaning of this? Should i dis-continue to do this?
Have you guys tried doing this? Can you guys see the blip page easily? Would I get results for doing this?

Thanks. discuss

edit:
Also I suffer a learning disability called 'dyslexia.'
Does photoreading help me overcome this. Also I never activated a book before. I just photoread my study materials.

Last edited by markzor; 03/24/08 02:20 PM.
markzor Offline OP
OP Offline

I found out what I was doing. Some guy called it 'photo flipping.'
What does paul r scheele say about it?

Hi Markzor!

There's a vidoe called "Take Photoreading with you where ever you go!" on Youtube with Sakari Turunen from Finland, who also does this photoflipping
thing, and he says it's useful. Well, I have doubts of doing this, because when flip pages one page usually covers the other and that's why I wouldn't
recommend doing this. I'm quite sure that Photoread would help you to overcome dyslexia, because I've heard that dyslexia appears when the left side of the brain becomes too dominant, and photoreading books helps to set the balance between the 2 sides of the brain. Also, Ihave heard that
photoreading books helps you to stop subvocalising. I hope I've been useful.

vajti

markzor Offline OP
OP Offline

thank you very much.
ive watched the video already that is why i consider doing this process freely wherever I go.

also vajti,i would also like to know what's the left brain mostly made up for? I know the right brain gives you more creativity and etc.. how about the left?

Also, is it easy to see the blip page?

You can still maintain Photofocus when Fanning the book, although you may not be able to see the blip page, but all u need to know is in photofocus. But I hardly do it this way, page are on top of each other, I will only do it at the last round when I finish flipping the page as fast as I could and do it again.

markzor Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

You can still maintain Photofocus when Fanning the book, although you may not be able to see the blip page, but all u need to know is in photofocus. But I hardly do it this way, page are on top of each other, I will only do it at the last round when I finish flipping the page as fast as I could and do it again.

Actually, when I'm fanning the book or whatever, I maintain the blip page with ease. Does this mean i'm on photofocus everytime because I see the blip page till the very end.

I can see the blip page for everybook. what does this indicate?

Hi markzor!

The left brain is your conscious mind, it is active when you are awake.
It is logical, it sees the details. It has short-time memory, in which the
things are, which you have been thinking on recently. It thinks in symbols.
Its job is calculateing, speaking, sense of learning languages, writing, and it is used when you read normally, but its main job is logical thinking.

The right brain is the nonconscious part of your brain. It is intuitive.
Its abilities are: creativity, intuition, imagination, and it has a long-time memory, in which are everything which happened to you, what you have ever experienced etc. It thinks in pictures, and its ability to see the essence of things. Its main job is creative thinking.

Now, for the blippage, that's an interesting question. I can see the blippage with ease too. I also have the home-study course and I listened to it once again. Paul said that there are 2 muscles that move your eye,
the interesting thing is that they work independently from each other, but we have never learnt to use use them so, we always use them together.
For photofocusing you have to learn to use them independly from each other.
He said that one of your muscles set the distance of looking, while the
other sets the even of your focus. He said: "For photofocusing your eyes need to be set in looking far, so diverging, while your even of focus should be set nearr, near the even of the book. You can do this only by
softening your gaze, not focusing on what's on the book, and seeing the whole book at same time. In fact, we only need diverging to not to look on the words.". So, because of this , the answer is definetly no, it doesn't enough to the blippage to be in photofocus. You should see the whole book at the same time. You should look towards the book, but not looking at the book. As Paul says: "See the book without looking at it.".That's what you should do. According to this, the blippage only indicates that your are diverging. I had the same problem, and Photoread did not work for me until I'd got to know that you should see the whole book at the same time. I can
still easily see the blippage by looking at the middle of the book, straining my eyes, seeing only the middle of the book, but it's definetly
not photofocus, it's a definetly hard gaze, which has nothing to do with photofocus. So, try to see the whole book at the same time, and you will see the blip too, and you will be in photofocus.

I hope I've been useful.

vajti

markzor Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks vatj for your answer. You've helped me so much but i still have more questions to be answered. Yes, now i know what's the different between the right and left brain. I am very grateful and i hope you can help me with more.

I see the blip page and the whole page all the time. So whenever i see the blip page, i am diverging my eyes? I thought when you see the blip page, it indicates that you're on photofocus? or am i not getting something right here?.

I can get into 'photofocus mode' or the blip page in a second. Whenever I photoread, I see the 4 sides + the blip page. Also when i'm seeing the blip page, i do not strain my eyes at all, it's as if im use to it. ANd I don't concentrate on the words at all. I'm doing it right when I'm fanning the whole dictionary over and over right? I'm actually photoreading it?

So beginners or experts of photoreading can see the blip page as easy as me?

Thanks, im looking forward for more answers.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

When you see the page with the divergent gaze you can know you are in for a photofocus. That's the only reason you make the effort to see blip page.

Not everybody will see the blip page. Some people are blind in one eye. That would prevent them from seeing the blip page.

For most, it will take, while before they exceeded the page and hold that while PhotoReading.

AlexK

markzor Offline OP
OP Offline

Okay thanks for the answer Alex. Now i know, when you're in the state of seeing the blip page, it defines the purpose of photofocus.

I can photoflip every book and I'm actually photoreading since i can diverge my eyes to see the blip page in a second

Thanks alex for letting me know the partial details of the blip page?

anyone wanna add anything to this?

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved