Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65051 04/14/08 09:46 AM
Uly Offline OP
OP Offline

I have noticed most forms of Qigong want us to conserve our sexual energy and some want us to stop wasting it all togther...What does Master Lin Teach? Should we stop all Sexual activity whilst training SFQ?

Uly

Last edited by Uly; 04/14/08 09:48 AM.
Uly #65052 04/14/08 09:45 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Greetings Uly,

This gets brought up once or twice a year in the Forum, and he has talked about it for an afternoon or so during the last 3 or four 6-day October retreats.

Click on the "Search The Forum" link above,type in "sex" for the keyword, choose the SFQ Forum, and look over the last 3 years.

Much Love, Shawn

Uly Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Shawn for your reply

I have read the past forums on this subject and understand it better now

Thanks

Cheers

Uly

Shawn,

You say to search back three (and in another case four) years. How do you do a search that goes back more than one year. The search format says you can't go back more than that and seems reluctant to even go that far - that is, I've found items in my own search that the function didn't. It will rarely give me more than one finding and more often than not, comes up with nothing. I've followed your instructions - put in subject to be searched, select SFQ, choose how far back. What am I missing?

Catherine

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha catherine,

Thank you for your post. It's just something that was customized in the previous Forum application, and dropped back to the 1 year max default when the new one was installed.

Check it out now. It should allow you to check back 3 years.

Much Love, Shawn

Hey, I'm very interested in finding this information in the forums, but I can't seem to be able to get the search to work. I've tried multiple times with multiple different settings searching for keyword "sex" in the SFQ forums and I keep getting a "UBB Error" which says: "There are no results for your query. Please try a broader range of search criteria."

Has anyone had any luck with this recently?

much love,
Curtis

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Odd...it worked back when I posted the reply...I'll have an IT staff member check it out.

Thank you for the heads up!

Much Love, Shawn

Yeah, the rules for the search function are (at least to me) somewhat counter intuitive and it has taken me quite some time to finally (sort of) "get it".

For some reason, the word "sex" may be too short or something, because I too found it difficult to come up with anything using the rules as they usally work for me. SO first of all, just use the word "sexual" instead. You can also enter in (without the quotation marks, unless you want the exact phrase) "+sex +qigong".

But I would just use "sexual" instead (btw, I tried all of what I am telling you and it does indeed yield many results).

That's all step one.

Step 2:

Enter in the BIGGER number in the "newer than" and then the "SMALLER" number in the ""older than" boxes. And you can only do a 3 year span at the biggest. So to go back the longest time, start with "7 years" in the "newer than" and "4 years" in the "older than" and then work your way to our time (do 8 and 6 next and then 7 and 4 and then 6 and 3 etc). Just put "sexual" in the search term, check "subject and message". And choose SFQ as the forum to search.

You will find many discussions and interesting reading. Here are just 3 interesting examples:

http://1sexandqigong.notlong.com

http://2asexandqigong.notlong.com

http://3sexandqigong.notlong.com

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted By: Curto
Hey, I'm very interested in finding this information in the forums, but I can't seem to be able to get the search to work. I've tried multiple times with multiple different settings searching for keyword "sex" in the SFQ forums and I keep getting a "UBB Error" which says: "There are no results for your query. Please try a broader range of search criteria."

Has anyone had any luck with this recently?

much love,
Curtis

blessings,

Steve

Ahhh, thanks shakurav. This seems to be working \:\)

much love,
Curtis

You are quite welcome. Glad to be of help.

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved