Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#65096 04/15/08 07:29 PM
OP Offline

How does this procedure go?

How do you know where to dip? I know "Follow your hunches" - but what does that mean? If you SR then your brain doesn't let you to go further until you read some part?

As for me... sometimes i am confused where to dip... It seems that i am doing it consciously, without trusting my intuition? Is this a typical beginners mistake?

Best wishes,
AndriDem

AndriDem #65097 04/15/08 10:54 PM

Hey AndriDem,

Usually, if you are looking for something specific, you could just look through the table of contents. Your "hunch" could just be a sudden interest, or general interest, in the topic of the chapter. Or look through the index, and find certain words or phrases which attract your attention. Usually, I just Super Read the whole book, and dip into parts where my eyes bring me to, but it doesn't happen all the time. Other times I'll just Super Read the book, and I find that I'm not dipping into anything, so it's probably just my purpose. But since I'm just a student, and have a lot of time on my hands, I usually would just dip into random places if this happens. It doesn't happen often, though.

-JackTuff13

Jacktuff13 #65098 04/16/08 03:37 AM
OP Offline

Hi Jacktuff13!

I am a student too.

Right now i am studying a history book. My purpose is to write an exam over 90 points to study Law and become a Lawyer, so that i could become financially independent + will be able to protect my loved ones. How does history relates to my purpose?

Best wishes,
AndriDem

AndriDem #65099 04/16/08 09:10 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

On dipping. That's one of the important reason why you pull at least 18 trigger words from a book (25 max) When you recognise words that stand our that's where you dip. Your cues to dip can be many and it's common in the beginning to over dip. The thing to remember is, does this answer the question? Yes or no and move on quickly.

Quote:

Right now i am studying a history book. My purpose is to write an exam over 90 points to study Law and become a Lawyer, so that i could become financially independent + will be able to protect my loved ones. How does history relates to my purpose?

You tell me. Was the book set as part of the curriculum? Then it's a sub goal that is required as part of the overall goal. For that you'll establish a sub-purpose to get what is necessary from the book to move to the next level.

AlexK

AlexK

Alex K. Viefhaus #65100 04/16/08 09:56 AM
OP Offline

Ok... think I've got it...

Once again
1)After i PR the book
2)Postview - write down questions
3)Incubate .... 20 minutes
4)Activation
-Accelerated learning state - Taking a deep breath in, counting from 3 to 1, imagining myself in a quite place and "making a movie" how the information from the non conscious mind transfers to the conscious mind ( I imagine myself lying in a boat watching at the sky(my non conscious mind), and the information is the rain that falls down on the top of my head - that is how i transfer the information)
5)Pick up 1 question
6)Thinking of that question(repeating it) i start to SR and dip, depending on my intuition.

Is everything correct?

Best wishes
AndriDem

AndriDem #65101 04/16/08 10:38 AM

The five steps are (home study course)

1] Prepare, This is an important pre step that you need to revisit any time you've taken a break between steps
2] Preview - keep it short; if you you intend to postview 60 seconds max no trigger words; if not postviewing after PhotoReading 8 minutes max pulling trigger words
3]PhotoRead and postview if preview was only 60 second; pull trigger words and write down a couple of questions during postviewing keep postviewing down to 10 or 12 minutes; incubate
4] Activate - Start finding answers to your questions
5] Rapid Read (optional and in most cases unnecessary.

You enter the Accelerated Learning State before the PhotoReading step This is so you can effectively state your purpose and intention. Unnecessarily lengthy prior activation.

Just prepare and activate.

Lets look at the prepare step.

It's purpose is to make sure you are "here" when you start reading, PhotoReading or activating. It's useful in other areas of life as well. It helps you to step into the ideal state (a kind of lead in to the Flow state)

It's basically a checklist of 4 things
1] deep breath, let go of other stuff in this moment
2] purpose, what you intend to do and how much time you will use
3] tangerine, ideal state
4] smile, it doesn't hurt Actually it triggers positive endorphins and that makes a difference to how you work.

I don't know how repeating the question is for you. I personally just think of it once and go for it. If I forget what I was looking for while looking for something it can't have been important.

AlexK

Alex K. Viefhaus #65102 04/16/08 03:39 PM
OP Offline

OK... and I have a question that bothered me for a long time. Why do people say that PR allows you to read 20,000 - 50,000 words pro minute? You are Photoreading, aren't you? Without the activation steps they are hard to get from the non-conscious mind? And as i understood PR is finding that information that is useful for YOU, so that means that a lot of info will elude you.

P.S
Thanks for your help

Best wishes,
AndriDem

AndriDem #65103 04/17/08 04:26 AM

It's not read. It's PhotoRead at 25,000 to ???? words a minute. People read what they want it to be. Poor reading skills really. We teach you how to PhotoRead at 25,000 wpm and beyond and that's what we tell them in our information. That we teach you to PhotoRead at 25,000 wpm

Quote:

And as i understood PR is finding that information that is useful for YOU, so that means that a lot of info will elude you.

And you think it doesn't with traditional reading? PhotoReading allows you to have the same level of comprehension or better compared to what you get with traditional reading. In my experience more information eluded me in all the books I traditionally read than the books I've since PhotoRead.

AlexK

Alex K. Viefhaus #65113 04/17/08 05:11 PM

Alex,

I think you hit things right on the head.
To many people seem to be putting the cart before the horse.

For me when it comes to dipping when i follow the process as i learned it in the home study course and the class it just works.
I think the hard thing is either people are trying to hard or doing things another way...
When i super read and dip the information is there. I start and as im going through it i end up speeding up and bam theres my answer its like its waving to me and it comes up clear out of the rest of the words. Then when my question is answered the words go back to just words and im off again answering another question.
Its an amazing thing. But, I didn't fully appreciate it and see it until i went in person to the PhotoReading retreat.
I think it was little things that i was picking up that helped me to really understand PhotoReading.
Its just something i've noticed within myself.

I have been looking at your posts for a long time and i've learned alot but for me i guess i needed some help in person to get my ability working like it should.
I do appreciate the time and effort you put into this forum and everyone else here too that posts. Thank You

Mirko

mirko #65117 04/17/08 07:15 PM
OP Offline

The funny thing is that i feel that i am learning faster, but yet again I have still doubts if it is really PR that is helping me.

Best wishes,
AndriDem

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved