Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
uniquesoul #66609 07/11/08 02:18 PM

This may be a case of "your mileage may vary".

It may also be a case of "three feet from gold" (see great true story in Napoleon Hill's classic book THINK AND GROW RICH).

I I have been doing SFQ for almost three years. And it gets more and more spiritual every day. If you are doing Small Universe and Self-Concentration and you want to go a little deeper, try the SFQ Butterfly Meditation and the Healing Our World Meditation at SFQ . Or you can just do more Small Universe. How much Small Universe are you doing now? If you are doing the Level I half hour version, try getting the Level II one hour version (also from springforestqigong.com -- however, it does come with the Level II home study materials which is part of the SFQ Deluxe course available here at LSC). Or you can just use music or silence and a timer and do it for longer. Try adding on five minutes at a time until you build up to one hour. Things change a lot once you go past the one hour barrier of Small Universe.

Are you doing Level I? Level II ups the ante quite a bit because once you begin helping others heal more and more, it becomes much more spiritual. And when you get to Level III (and beyond), it is pretty much ALL spiritual. Less about technique (though there some cool new tools) and more about "love, kindness, forgiveness" and the relationship between spirit and soul.

I am a rabbi and spirituality has been a theme of my life since becoming a rabbi (12 years ago), and before that for about 45 years (when I left the "faith of my fathers" and went on a spiritual search and studied and practiced various other spiritual paths before returning to my tradition, as well as discovering Taoist health and meditation practices, such as Tai Chi Chuan and qigong). I can honestly tell you that SFQ is one of the greatest spiritual tools I have ever found. But sometimes, you have to mine deeper, rather than broader (i.e. go deeper into this one practice, rather than looking for more practices). The SFQ "mine" is rich and deep. It is deceptive really: it looks a lot like a shallow pond, but there really is a deep, refreshing spring deeper down.

I really believe that for most people, if they are looking for spirituality, they merely (actually not so easy for most of us, due to time commitments) have to just do a little more practice to go deeper into the emptiness and spend more time there.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

blessings,

Steve
no_wheat #66627 07/12/08 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: no_wheat
I've been practicing SFQ for over a year now and really enjoy it as a staple of my daily diet, but I'm looking now to add some meditation with a spiritual base. Any recommendations? I've used to use holosync and I like it, just looking for something more on the metaphysical side.

cheers!

Upon my journey into meditations and spiritual growth I have enjoyed these meditations greatly. From Learning Strategies I use the Sonic Access Program. The disc labelled Spiritual Growth may interest you of the Sonic Access set.
And by far some of my favourite meditations are from the Monroe Institute. To list my favourites from them would be Spirit Gathering, Shaman’s Heart and Vision Quest.

The life mastery guilds meditation mastery/esoteric warrior activations are right up my alley. The focus is on the Higher Self connection and integrating it into the physical plane through the body, then activating the "soul journey" and connecting the two. I'm still at the first part of the training but having had a little over 20 years of pretty solid meditation experience I'm very happy with how this is developing. Enjoy!

no_wheat #68528 09/17/08 07:23 AM

Hi,

I too have found something similar that I can share with the members. I happened to see this site http://www.meditationsolution.com/ they use audio frequency to put the mind in the meditative state. I have benefited from it and I suggest this for people who find it difficult to meditate.
Thanks,

vels #68550 09/18/08 01:26 PM

I haven't listened to the cds on the site you list, but I do know from experience that certain types of sounds/rhythms will propel you into a meditative state quickly.

I have a fairly old light and sound machine, think the brand name is Nova, that I picked up from Tools for Wellness. I'm sure new models are even better. I originally got it to help with migraines, and it does help (doesn't alleviate them though)--but it's also very good for reaching alpha, theta, and delta states quickly.

The bonus? Once you are in those states a number of times, you come to recognize what they feel like. Once that happens, you can be anywhere, close your eyes, and attain one of these states. So I don't really use mine as much these days, because I can do it without it.

uniquesoul #68574 09/19/08 05:28 AM

Thanks for all the helpful replies. and http://www.medtiationsolution.com it was very useful.

shegarlakshmi #68601 09/20/08 03:02 AM

I tried the meditationsolution product, it isn't really my thing, but if it does it for you then more power to you. I'm more into what the original poster was asking for which are systems that have a spiritual/metaphysical direction.

uniquesoul #68923 10/07/08 12:11 PM

Hi no_wheat

I've been practicing SFQ since May 2003 and it is an amazing journey that gets deeper and deeper with practice. I'm also a member of the SFQ Guild which means that I get to have a direct contact for healing meditations with Master Lin and the other members by teleconference a few times a year which adds to the profundity of the program - this is great for me as I live in Australia and can't make the retreats or live meditations.

The most recent addition to my spiritual practice has been the program called "Seeds of Enlightenment" by Jeddah Mali which is maybe not yet offered generally by LSC but I'm sure it will be very soon.

This program is really, very, very good - I can't speak highly enough of it - it is right up there on a par with SFQ which I love.

I am in meditation 2, week 2 of 8 meditations, each of which are practiced for a week and I'm totally blown away by the experience of this experience so far.

I think if you seriously want to deepen your spirituality - this program is truly worth it. Jeddah has a website if you want to google her and see what it's all about.

uniquesoul #69251 10/29/08 05:46 PM

hi stargate and all! meditation is nothing but saving up of your life force energy which was being wasted in the process of thinking (or say in un focused thinking).With my years of practice i have come to realize that any method would work for you ;provided you stick enough long!however some methods are better than others because they address more directly to your life force energy!."watching the thinker"as explained by ECKHART TOLLE and j. krishnamurthy ;and quang yin (simply sitting with your ears closed with the help of your fingers for enough long)are best in my experience.One really beautiful method is to focus on your tongues' movements and trying to arrest them (may be you'd have a hard time understanding it because its something new for you;i'll describe this method in detail later if you'd be interested!).Some crude meditations are-"journal writing"(SEE freenoting ALSO in http://www.winwenger.com)and sitting without doing anything(without doing anything means really without doing a thing!)

thinker #69269 10/30/08 08:02 AM

Hi guys i am very new to meditation, on my search tru the internet i came across this site that offers a free 21 day
Meditation Video Training .
It has been great so far i am now at day 4 and understand meditation matters a lot better already.
Are there any more free recources you would recommned for a beginner?? Also i am interested in finding a forum that is only on the subject of meditation.
thank you

Last edited by ginaT; 10/30/08 08:10 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved