Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I use acrobat to photoread all my eBooks. I know that Pete bassinette has mentioned a few interesting ideas. Ideas like, if you want to photoread using acrobat set both pages up on full screen mode and set it up so that a page automatically flips every second. By experimenting with the program a little bit I found that you could use transitions between each flip. I chose to use random transitions for each flip so that each time I flip a page I’m photoreading in a different way because the patterns of the transitions are different on every page. I could imagine that this would be a big help for photoreaders......

What do you think?

OP Offline

And I was wondering if there is some kind of program or plugin you can download so that you can create like a playlist for your ebooks.

Well I know that in Adobe Acrobat if your books don't have a secure feature on it that prevents you from doing certain editing you could combine them. So you could make one giant PDF and then set it to auto scroll the pages to the end.
I usually set Acrobat to view two pages at once and use the page down feature when photoreading eBooks.

Also, I flip the book upside down too and photoread it that way.
At the recent retreat I asked paul does it make a difference and we turned over our books upside down and we could still easily read the material. Also, he said no it doesn't make a difference in the order that you photoread it in too. Since once you got it in the information is inside you, which is the important thing.

It was a very interesting thing to see.

Mirko

for me. i don't read ebooks through acrobat. I would run a program and pace it at 50,000 words per minute. Then I would stare at the screen with concentration at might. hm. ease to say I guess. Sadly, it's not pages being turned, it's just words flashing in an orderly fast manner. When I do this, I feel both of my brains linked at each other, it's as if i'm using my whole mind. And not only that, I can feel my sub-vocalisation beginning to fade. It's amazing when you photoread ebooks. But i believe to get the same effects as the ebook method which i have mentioned, you have to photoread about 12 books in a row. To get that whole brain feeling and tingling. Yeah ebook is a good approach to photoreading. Maybe it's even better.

OP Offline

Markzor, you get the tingle in your head too?

Yes. I think im becoming more experienced now because I feel the tingling in my head when I photoflip or photoread the books. I can photoflip a book also seeing the blip page (100% success rate) with no blur whatsoever. Seeing the 4sides and not missing a page for photoflipping is awesome for me. The pages are turning really fast. again, I'm getting into the stage where I'm using my whole mind, even for photoflipping. Maybe tomorrow or next time, i'll go into a library and photoflip over 1000 novels, i'll download the whole information like a hose into my brain and create better body-mind connection. It's cool man \:D

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved