Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65161 04/20/08 01:28 PM
OP Offline

Ok, I teach english in Japan. mostly adults, but a few kid classes. kids are super fun, i love it. anyways, last week I was teaching new kindergarten class , 4 and 5 year olds. My boss tells me they like to have english class outside if the weather is nice. Ok, no problem. (this was like a couple weeks ago). so anyways, three or four times before my first class with these little dudes, I started having flashes of the old Lakers/Pistons championship series from like 15 or so years ago. The lakers lost, because Magic blew out his hamstring in game 6 or whatever. Anywyas, the image that kept flashing in my mind was the exact moment when he blew out his hamstring (can you see where this is headed???). and i thought, WTF, why am I thinking about that? so of course, I ignored it. Ok, so first day of outside kindergarten class, nice big playground, really enthusiastic kids, running around with them, and BAM! I blow my hamstring out, same leg as magic and everything. Now in retrospect, my subconscious was CLEARLY saying to me as loud as possible: "Ok, dude, next week your are teaching kindy OUTSIDE, and since you LOVE to run around with little kids, and because you are not in the best sprinting shape of your life, maybe you might wanna take it easy." of course, I didn't listen, and I still am hobbling around.

now when I get stray images, I immediately wonder what I should be careful of, and plan accordingly. Better late than never!

Hey gwhutton,
Great experience, I love hearing stories like these.

Definitely tells us to be more aware of the messages our inner mind sends us.
Perhaps your hamstring was weakened by something without you being aware of it, and you were simply being told to take care of it before it gets worse?

Anyway, feel better!

-JackTuff13

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved