Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65335 05/01/08 04:59 PM
mls Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

I am about to take the MCAT for the 3rd time. I generally understand why i missed the questions when i review my answers to practice tests, so I have a good knowledge of the material. I am working with a 2nd tutor, but i have the same problems: i am too slow and my anxiety decreases my memory. I have started working with memory super charger (again) and have just received sonic access, so have started with the success cd. any suggestions on how to get these to improve my performances. i feel like i am on the edge of something, but not quite there. i am following the instructions for both. i take the MCAT on 5/10, so am needing to make the most of these programs as i continue to practice.

thanks for any suggestions,
melissa

mls #65347 05/01/08 10:49 PM

Hi Melissa,

I am not sure, if Memory Super Charger is the right Paraliminal to help you with the situation. IMHO you should use the Anxiety Free Paraliminal to help you with your Anxiety situation. Further you can listen to the Deep-Relaxation Paraliminal before you start your practice exam. Once you are relaxed you can take care of most of your anxiety.

With the Sonica Access you can have your goal as - "I am calm and in control. I am completing my MCAT exam and answering all the questions with plenty of time left to do a quick overview". Write this goal on an index card and keep it in your Success direction, while listening to the Sonic Access for Success.

May God Bless You.

Kind regards
Vaibhav Sharma

Learning Strategies Admin

Keep using Memory Supercharger.

Anxiety Free is excellent before the exam use Session A about three times in the days before the exam. You are right stress does cause memory loss in fact I wrote an article about it a few years ago. It's a 3 page pdf you are welcome to email me for a copy. One tip I can give you that will help. When you go into and as you turn the paper over. Smile. It makes a difference.

AlexK

mls Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks for the suggestions. unfortunately, i do not have anxiety free and the exam is in 9 days, so i dont think there is time to get it. i do like the intentions and will make another index card with these. i will also try the smile- this will be a real challenge as i dont tend to smile much when i am seriously engaged in anything. any other suggestions are welcomed.

oh, another problem i've had (probably the greatest problem) is not trusting my first answer. although i am choosing to not change my answer once i mark it, i dont always trust my first choice or i get stuck between 2 answers and pick the wrong of the two. it's like my subconscious has recognized the answer way before my conscious mind has any idea about the question and then tries to figure it out, but chooses the wrong answer. in short, i am having trouble trusting myself, which in turn increases my anxiety. whooo, that was a revealing communication... it's not the first time i've recognized this, but it is the clearest i've ever understood it. havent figured out how to or what to shift.

thanks again,
melissa

mls #65357 05/02/08 02:05 AM

True or false questions, if an answer is only partly true it's false.

Multiple choice. If you know the right answer good if not, use elimination. If you're left with 2 guess.

To guess look up and imagine your teacher and ask is this the correct answer, look down a moment and the look up again, feel see or sense your teacher's answer you may hear yes or no, see a colour red (no) green(yes) the teacher may nod or shake their head or you may just know the right answer when you look down again.

If that doesn't work. eliminate the wrong ones and take the shortest answer (people write long fake answers). And if you still have to guess which one of 4 pick c. But read the question first.

I saw an exam result where the student marked c to all the questions the only problem was the questions only had A or B (true or false) and a pre printed answer sheet was used.

AlexK

Originally Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus
Keep using Memory Supercharger.

Anxiety Free is excellent before the exam use Session A about three times in the days before the exam. You are right stress does cause memory loss in fact I wrote an article about it a few years ago. It's a 3 page pdf you are welcome to email me for a copy. One tip I can give you that will help. When you go into and as you turn the paper over. Smile. It makes a difference.

AlexK

Hi Alex, I'm interested in this 3 page article about stress and memory loss. I would be grateful if you'd share your article with me. Thanks!

It's a 3 page pdf you are welcome to email me for a copy.

I cannot send the file through the forum.

AlexK

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved