Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I stumbled on a technique for raising energy a long, long time ago (it was in the mid 70's, if memory serves) that works very well for me. I've been doing Reiki for a little while but I heard about this technique before I knew anything about Reiki.

I hope it isn't presumptuous of me to post it here.

While I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about Qigong, what I have been reading about it seems to resonate somewhat with what I'm already doing, and I wouldn't mind getting a little feedback on it.

The technique involves forgetting about your physical body and concentrating on your "energy body". Your energy body resides within your physical body, but is not subject to physical limitations such as gravity, space,time, etc. It's what gets out and walks around during astral projection and lucid dreams, for instance.

What I do is to focus my attention on the infinite amount of energy that exists in the universe, specifically that which is below my feet. Using my "energy hands", I reach down and "massage" the soles of my feet. This is all imaginary, really, but you have to really intend it and visualize yourself doing it.

I also massage the chakra that is floating between my ankles. I envision my chakras as being about as large as softballs, maybe a little bigger. I rub that thing like it's a magic lantern. This attention causes the chakra to open.

Then I reach into that pool of milky white, golden energy and grab two big handfuls; like grabbing a hold of a very heavy, very large quilt or blanket. Then, as I inhale, I "pull" that energy up through the soles of my feet and into that lowest chakra. I envision the energy pouring into that chakra like it's a big empty bucket and the golden white energy filling it up and energizing it.

As soon as I start doing that, the tingling begins.
Then I open my root chakra by using my energy hands to rub it. I reach down between my feet again with my energy hands and grab another batch of energy. I inhale and pull that energy up through my bottom chakra and into the root chakra. I also envision a beam of light, like a lit flourescent tube that connects the chakras. It glows when I pull energy through it.
I repeat this with each chakra in turn, being careful to remember the beam of light that connects the chakras, pulling on the inhalations and relaxing on the exhalations.

When I get to my crown chakra, I reverse the flow and direct the excess down through my arms and out through my fingertips. I actually point my fingertips down towards the earth. I imagine any and all negative emotions (weakness, fear, dis-ease, anger, etc) flowing out of my body and being replaced by positives (strength, courage, health, serenity). I do that until I feel "flushed out".

After that I direct the excess chi energy down towards my tan tien. That's the only chakra that can really store chi energy long-term, from what I understand. That's where I leave off. Every inhalation I'm grabbing another batch of energy, and pulling it up through each chakra in turn, and then pouring it down into my tan tien. As I inhale, I mentally picture each chakra being flushed with energy in turn, the energy doing a u-turn through my crown chakra and then pouring down into my tan tien.

It's a very peaceful routine. Plus, I get very relaxed because I'm concentrating so hard on what I'm doing that my internal dialogue shuts right off. This causes my heart rate and breathing to slow down. If I'm doing this at bedtime, I drop right off to sleep.

What I am curious to know is if this practice is in any way related to Qigong exercises?

This is another thing that I hope doesn't sound presumptuous.

It's about an event that I witnessed years ago. I wasn't involved. I was just a witness. This was back in 1980 in St Mary's, Idaho. I had dropped my car off to have its engine rebuilt after Mt. St. Helen's erupted and spewed ash everywhere. I was driving a VW van and the ash had destroyed the engine. Ironically enough, the date of the eruption was 5/18 - rather close to today's date, but the day this happened was about a week or two later.

At any rate, I was standing in the garage talking to the mechanic when another VW van pulled up out front. He excused himself and hurried outside. I took a few steps over towards the bay door to see where he was going. The big sliding door on the side of the van opened up and there was a girl lying on her back on the floor in the back.

This was the early 80's and we were all hippies back then. She was accompanied by three or four other people (all hippies!) and I remember being able to sense how much everyone cared for this girl. It made me feel good to be around these people.

She was wearing a long, loose dress and some sort of blouse and had long hair. But what I really noticed was how thin and pale she was. I could tell she was very ill; so sick she couldn't even sit up. I could sense that she was very frightened, and her friends were all extremely concerned.

I never found out what was wrong with her, what her name was or what her relationship was to my friend the mechanic. All I knew was that whatever was wrong with her, it was pretty serious. I was thinking it was probably cancer or something similar.

I have never been able to put her out of my mind. But something in my head keeps telling me that what she thought was wrong with her (cancer?) was really only the symptom of something else that was wrong (energy blockage?). I have also managed to convince myself that the thing that was wrong with her (blockage) was actually not a very difficult thing to rectify. I have managed to convince myself (wishful thinking?) that fixing the energy blockage was actually a lot easier to do than removing the tumor surgically or administering chemo-therapy or radiation treatments.

I don't know if that is my ego talking or what. Probably is, a little, I don't know. I try and keep it on a short leash.

Anyway, I have dreamed of that poor girl. I have also wished very hard, for 28 years! that I would have been able to help her somehow. Not long after that event happened, I started having daydreams or visions of myself manipulating her chi energy somehow to help her clear that blockage. I struggle with my ego a bit in that scenario, but honestly, what is most important of all to me is the wish and the desire to have been able to have done something, anything, to have helped that young woman.

A quarter of a century later, without my knowing anything about it or seeking it out it any way, somehow, the discipline of Reiki falls into my lap. I finish the classes for all the Reiki levels, and almost immediately afterwards Qigong comes into my life.

I had never even HEARD of Qigong until a few months ago, and I do a lot of reading and I like to think I'm aware of what's out there.

Now, the years between 1980 and about 2005, I was definitely not ready for Reiki or Qigong. I was busy doing Tae Kwon Do and Tai Chi and what-not.

So I wasn't ready for them and so I didn't notice them.
But then, apparently I became ready for them and they show up.

So here I am. And here you guys are. And here is Reiki and Qigong.

What to make of all this? I have no idea. But I'm here and I'm open to new stuff.

/stream-of-consciousness

Last edited by monkbiker; 05/10/08 01:31 AM.

Hi monkbiker,
I have some experience with Reiki and other intuitive energy work and just starting SFQG. I wanted to comment on your posts. First of all, my limited understanding of SFQG is that it doesn't follow the chakra system persay, although there are some overlapping energy points. The energy through my hands that I feel when doing Reiki is somewhat similar to SFQG. I would suggest that if you feel you have been led here synchronistically, you may want to get the information and try it.
I find that a grounding exercise that works for me include simply visualizing that my root chakra extends deep into the earth, like the roots of a tree, through my legs and feet. Also, the symbol of the pyramid is a powerful one for me, and visualizing myself within a pyramid, strong and solid on the ground, with my center core energy connected to the earth and up through the point is helpful to ground me.
In terms of healing healing others, I strongly feel that it is important to have that person's permission on some level to assist them. Perhaps the reason she came into your life was to open you to the possibility that you are a healer, and to use your abilities accordingly, not necessarily that you were meant to help her heal. Does this make sense?
Let me ask you this - how and where do you see yourself using your gifts as an intuitive energy worker?
Blessings to you.

OP Offline

GBWU - thank you for your comments.
I like your visualization of the "tree roots", and the pyramid idea. My friend at work drew a little picture of the sole of a foot and indicated a point on the center of the foot, near and slightly behind the ball where energy can be directed from the body downwards into the ground. She spoke at some length about intention; that one must intend the energy to exit through that point down into the earth.

I do feel as if I've been led to Reiki and Qigong, although it took a while for me to arrive. I completely understand that any attempts at long-distance healing must be done with the recipient's permission.

I agree that I was not necessarily meant to help that one particular woman back in 1980. At that point in time there was nothing I could have done for her, other than wish her well. But I didn't know her and for me to have intruded into that particular situation would have been extremely inappropriate. I kept my distance. Actually, I only directed my gaze at them for a few seconds - certainly less than 10 seconds and probably more like 5 or so. The meeting between that woman and her friends was very highly-charged, emotionally speaking. They brought her to meet my friend Dave, the mechanic, on their way somewhere else; probably the hospital. He stopped out there to say goodbye and offer his best wishes and encouragement. It was none of my business, but at the same time the situation was presented to me to witness (I believe) and maybe to learn from. I couldn't hear anything the people were saying to one another, nor did I want to.

I think that maybe what I was meant to get from that situation was a heightened sense of empathy for people who are suffering, a willingness to help them, and an openness to the possibility of learning some ways to do that.

At this point I have absolutely no idea how and where I may use whatever gifts I may have or talents I may develop. I don't plan that far ahead because when I do, things RARELY seem to work out as I planned. My life unfolds better when I grasp it lightly.
Throughout the course of my life, I have consciously and subconsciously envisioned desired states of affairs and sooner or later, those states of affairs tend to manifest themselves. But this seems to happen in ways that I could never have arranged.

Example: when I was very young I read comic books. I soon had a strong wish to fly like Superman. When I entered college I was walking down the sidewalk and saw a guy assembling a hang-glider in a parking lot outside a store. It clicked. I went over and spoke to him, started training with him and after about a year I was working for him as one of his instructors. I ended up with quite a few long-distance (10-15 miles) and high-altitude (3,000 - 5,000 feet) flights, and my dream of flying like Superman had more-or-less come to pass.

There was no way I could have planned that. The situation just developed. I feel that I have to be AWARE of what is in front of me. In one of Carlos Castaneda's books it is referred to as the "cubic centimeter of chance". There are brief moments throughout the course of our lives where we have this "cc of c" dangling in front of us. We have the opportunity to reach out and grasp it when we see it, but we don't have to. It may not come back. Then again, it might.

I believe that each one of those moments that we grasp or do not grasp causes the path of our lives to shift slightly. As time goes on, this little "in course correction" that we make or do not make can result in our lives taking an entirely different path.

I believe that we are responsible for the effort. I believe that we can plan all we want but that God probably has a different idea, and so what I try to do is be very aware of what is in front of me in the present moment. If I am as aware as I can be of what is happening in the present moment and I ask myself, "How can I be of service in this moment?" or "How do I do this right?" I tend to see better results.

I believe that "When the student is ready, the teacher appears", because it has quite literally happened to me over and over throughout the course of my life.

When I am ready to learn something new, a teacher appears. When I am ready to contribute, a situation presents itself.

I don't think that my job is to arrange for the teacher or the situation.

I think that my job is to make sure that I am ready to meet them.

Last edited by monkbiker; 05/10/08 12:06 PM.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved