Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fmanie Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex

I see that you keep saying to people that they should read "non-fiction" books.

That is your opinion and should not be given to new photoreaders.

Paul Scheele says in his book on photoreading (see page 10) that you can photoread any type of material including "Plays, Poems and NOVELS".

Therefore your opinion is not founded on fact that reading fictional books will slow your progress.

Rather I suggest that you do not share "your" opinion but rather what Paul Scheele says, he is more qualified after all.

Oh God!

Non-fiction books are the most easiest to Photoread.

YOU CAN PR any type of material, but you have to train on something first. For example Basketball: you don't play in your first game against USA or RUSSIA, you practice with teams like Spain, Lithuania or Estonia and then you will be ready to face the "big boys" +))))

And about the qualification... well Alex helped not only me, but a lot of other people.

Learning Strategies Admin

Actually I keep saying LEARN the system with non-fiction books. Paul also advises that in the audio course.

If you try to LEARN PhotoReading with Novels, Plays and poems you will make slow progress mastering the system

Paul Scheele also strongly suggest that you LEARN PhotoReading with non-fiction books. That's why he uses them in his seminars and why I use them in mine. At the end of the weekend our students have developed some superreading and dipping and skittering skills which they can use on anything they want to read. Novels included. Paul and I still encourage them to use a few more non-fiction books to IMPROVE their skills.

Quote:
Rather I suggest that you do not share "your" opinion but rather what Paul Scheele says, he is more qualified after all.

\:D

I have shared what I know helps people to learn and acquire PhotoReading. That's why Learning Strategies hired me. I've been coaching on this forum since 2002. Have written a number of articles that were available to forum members. The only requirement was they had to email me so I can reply with an attachment (Paul has autographed copies of those articles).

I am in the process of developing a course for using PhotoReading on the internet for Australian students, Information will be available on my blog.

I am only interested in seeing people make the fastest possible progress with learning to PhotoRead, I know from experience, my research and communication with Paul that when learning to use active reading which is what PhotoReading is based on Novels will slow you down unless you happen to know the criteria for processing a novel for literary discussion. Which is a learning curve in itself. So why take the slow road to learning when I point out the faster option?

AlexK

Fmanie Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex

I don't doubt your experience and credentials, it is not what I am here to discuss and I trust Paul Scheels' word more since he created this program.

But if I like novels, what solution do you have for me?

I prefer novels, they go up to 1000 pages and I bought this program so that I can read more novels since they take very long to read.

So how do I overcome this challenge because I don't want to read non-fiction books, I want to read my poetry and novels, but I don't have half the time I would like to get through them.

Hey Fmanie,

Read my other posts in the other threads you have posted your love for novels in, I think they'll help a lot.

What I didn't remember to mention is to activate any book in increments up to 30 or so minutes. This will teach you how to perform more efficiently in a time period of 30 minutes and sooner or later, you'll be getting farther and farther in that time.

-JackTuff13

Quote:
But if I like novels, what solution do you have for me?

You want to get up to speed quickly? I've been telling you exactly how to do that

Is it really difficult to find and play with 5 non-fiction books of about 250 pages each? A total of 1250 pages? Like I said Paul uses 5 in his classes and I do the same.

All I'm asking of you is to use the system on the books as instructed by the home study course and add two more using the 5 day test. From there you can be reading at double your current speed by the end of the week (if you did the 5 day test in one day for each book a total of 5 hours additional self training after you've followed the course.)

Thanks to non-fiction books my speed with a 1000 page novel is a leisurely 3 to 4 hours. If I wanted I could go faster than that but I like to read for pleasure too I am not always in a hurry.

I am certified to teach PhotoReading because I teach it as Paul would teach it. If you have the Results Supercharger DVD's watch out for Kaye he was one of my students. You can read his testimonial on my website.

I am contracted by Learning Strategies to look after the administration of these forums because I'm good at what I do.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved