Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bethann Offline OP
OP Offline

I love SFQ and have been practicing 30-40 minutes a day for 2 weeks. It would be much more practical for me to break my session up into 15-20 minutes in the morning and then the evening. Although I know it's ok to do this, do I lose some benefits by splitting the session?

The second question - every 3 to 4 minutes I'll get an intense itch on my ankle, arm, etc... that I have to scratch. How detrimental is this interruption?

The last question - Touching my tongue lightly to the roof of my mouth creates a buildup of saliva. I have to move my tongue to swallow every minute or two. Again, how detrimental is this interruption?

Thanks

Hi and welcome!

Q: I love SFQ and have been practicing 30-40 minutes a day for 2 weeks. It would be much more practical for me to break my session up into 15-20 minutes in the morning and then the evening. Although I know it's ok to do this, do I lose some benefits by splitting the session?

A: I doubt that you would lose benefits. There is only good, better and best. More is best. But you still receive benefit.

Q: The second question - every 3 to 4 minutes I'll get an intense itch on my ankle, arm, etc... that I have to scratch. How detrimental is this interruption?

A: Oh my God! Don't do that!
Just kidding ;\) Always scratch an itch.

Q: The last question - Touching my tongue lightly to the roof of my mouth creates a buildup of saliva. I have to move my tongue to swallow every minute or two. Again, how detrimental is this interruption?

A: That's good. Saliva aids in digestion and is believed to have Qi as well. No detriment is involved.

You are doing good. Keep going! More QI!

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu

Remember that one of the guiding principles in SFQ is "good, better, best". It's all good, and there is better and best.

If it is more practical for you to break up the sessions into smaller chunks, than that might be better for you so as to keep consistent practice, which is indeed better than just being "good" and practicing now and then.

Do you lose benefits? I would not think of it as "losing benefits". Rather, I would think of it as "good, better best".

There are benefits to doing longer sessions. And there are also benefits doing multiple sessions. Each has their benefits.

You might try to do those shorter sessions during "prime time" of 5-7 (remember this is calculated according to the earth, not the clock, so that means STANDARD time and not "daylight savings time". I.e. if you live in a place that has daylight savings time, it is actually 6-8 during the season that we are on daylight savings time).

So, if you can do 20 minutes in the morning around 6 AM and then another 20 minutes in the evening sometime around 6 PM, that would be better than doing those same smaller chunks during other times. This way, you get "more bang for your bucks", and the shorter time is "worth more" as it were.

And don't forget about Small Universe! This will give you so many more benefits. Even a few cycles of Small Universe is better than nothing (i.e. just a few minutes with the recording or around the Small Universe by yourself).

As for the itch scratching question: my understanding is that the itch is an EXCELLENT sign that your breaking up blockages! Congratulations! And Master Lin has said that scratching can break up the energy flow and undo the good that you have done. It is probably better to resist as much as possible. Keep saying to yourself things like "healing is happening, this is a good sign! " and "I feel the energy flowing through my body. I feel so good and peaceful". Focus on something else. For example, focus on the lower tantien at that moment. Or on any other part of the body. Watch the breath go in and out. Etc.

Saliva is also a classic qigong reaction and means that the qi is really flowing well. As Master Lin says, a baby, which is so full of life has lots of saliva. This is very very good sign! Again, congratulations!

Celebrate!

It is possible to swallow without moving the tongue. You can try to swallow in three gulps (this is a classic qigong technique) or more. Try to keep the tongue gently touching behind the upper teeth while you swallow. With practice, it should be no problem.

If this proves too difficult, I would just let it go for now and come back to it later. It is still good. And later on, you can do better. Meanwhile, the energy is still flowing.

You are doing outstanding practice and making great progress! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing this with us-- it is inspiring to read! \:\)

blessings,

Steve

Thanks for sharing your experiences bethann. I noticed some itching and "spider-web" sensations too. In Reiki and other energy disciplines I was taught that that means that energy is moving over, around and through our bodies and is interpreted as "tickling".

Great. Doesn't stop the itching, though.

Today I had to sit in a meeting for about an hour. There wasn't really anything being discussed in the meeting that I didn't already know or anything that affected me in the slightest or that I even cared about (like 99.99% of the meetings I go to) so I spent the time doing Small Universe.

For the last year or so I just did energy raising, but this was a nice variation on that. I felt more rested and refreshed at the end of the meeting than I did at the start of it!

bethann Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you (everyone)for the feedback. It is so helpful. My morning and evening sessions are always between 6-8 so unknowingly I was hitting the best time - I'm in LA. I make quantum leaps of progress every 2-3 sessions. I am thrilled to have this in my life.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved