Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Yukala Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all!

Besides in PhotoReading and Natural Brilliance books by Paul R. Scheele, is this topic, Direct Learning handled in more detail?

Kind Regards,

Yukala

Yukala Offline OP
OP Offline

I did want to share/bring to attention this paragraph by Paul on page 119 of 'Natural Brilliance':

"Realizing how easy Direct Learning is and how much benefit if brings, you may wonder why most people never do it. Unfortunately, it is so deceptively simple that most people never even consider trying it. In fact, I had to be convinced myself. Only after the reports of PhotoReading graduates did I purposefully choose this powerful technique for my own benefit."

Now as I have said before in my first posts, this to me, 'Direct Learning' is so close to mysticism or what was coined a century ago as utilizing, 'Cosmic Consciousness' excepting in that regard they believed ANY information germane to ALL knowledge ever accumulated through time or even not yet (future) could be accessed. This aspect is the whooy whooy part. <smiles>

However, keeping to personal purpose, experience and purposeful use of PhotoReading as the primary means of storing desired information holographically from/in ones own individual world; then to be utilized by oneself is a better first step and the 'cosmic part' can be left off.

Is there a course that addresses just 'Direct Learning'?

Learning Strategies Admin

Just pile up books and PhotoRead them with a purpose of acquiring skills or behaviours. It's explained in a live seminar in about 10 minutes. It's included in the Genius Code Course course. And there is plenty of discussion on the forum. Check the archives.

AlexK

Yukala Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey thanks Alex!!

I'll consider getting the Genius Code Course sometime, however some of my family already think I over do it in that direction now.

The DL in the Genius Code Course is for those who haven't learned PhotoReading. The DL steps are straight forward for a PhotoReader.

AlexK

Hi Discussion Forum, I have some questions to ask you!

Q1. 2 days ago I used direct learning on 5 books(2 Improve Vocab... books,Oxford Wordpower Dictionary, next was Natural Brilliance book, other was Verbal Intelligence book) for my purpose of "to improve my vocabulary so I can effectively communicate in any situation".

I really want this as part of my behaviour because it is very important to me that I can speak clearly, write clearly, you get the idea....

I know that I or anyone else can't predict when this will become part of my behaviour, but I really need it now and I don't know when it will become consciously second nature to me.

YOUR FEEDBACK PLEASE!

Q2. 2nd question is quite similar to 1st question.
I have used direct learning on 5 books(1. Introducing Mathematics, 2nd was GCSE Mathematics, Success in Statistics, Revise AS Mathematics, last was A2 Pure Mathematics) for my purpose of "to improve my maths skills so I can solve any maths problem I come across in life". (Direct-learned these Maths books the next day, after Improve-Vocab books).

I also have to make this skill second nature to me because I am starting college later this year and need to be very good at English, Maths and ICT along with the subject I have chosen to study.

Other than Maths and Improving my Vocabulary, I want to improve other skills so that they can become part of my behaviour(consciously second nature).

I really need some HELP on these issues because I urgently need to acquire these skills so that I can get on better in everyday life and sail through college!

I WOULD LOVE SOME FEEDBACK ON THESE ISSUES PLEASE!

Thanks

Last edited by phone; 04/06/09 12:51 PM.
Yukala Offline OP
OP Offline

Greetings phone!!

What I read is your determination and desire. While the material is of a more demanding nature and you are around 18 years of age?

Here is some of my advice.

Desire it like air when under water too long. Work many, many more hours, weeks and months. Your Self will 'respond' to demand. You may need build by habitual use improved faculties to accomplish your goals.

Especially, to master both English and Math. I would find some material on logic to enforce better thinking discipline. You must think into the material 'after the fact'. Identify and focus on underlying principles, one a day.

And this is not just a mental journey, you need to emotionally integrate your progress, so no matter the effort it takes time, cycle upon cycle.

Hi, Yukala!

I'm glad , you are again with us!

thanks for your comments.

Please, say what you mean by saying "You must think into the material 'after the fact'".

Yukala Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi 'helenora'!

Thinking into the material takes in a complex idea of thinking by idea and logic.

You can ask some questions for instance. Why does the author say that or this. What logic or ideas are they depending upon to give this position or put forth this opinion.

Especially important in complex works such as mathematics, science or philosophy. What is the author assuming I know or agree with here?

You think out a path similar or better than author especially if you are compounding several books on the same topic or subject.

I ask if this line of thinking is useful, practical or can be applied to goodly 'effect'. Who else uses it?

Is this a theory? A fiction or some meandering or rehashing of someone else's work.

To think into something is like taking a walk through the same terrain as the author might have.

Kind Regards!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved