Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65705 05/19/08 05:30 PM
Fmanie Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok, I know many have asked this question, but here is mine:

How do I form an effective purpose that leads me to activating effectively?

Bare in mind that I did not complete the course because my frustration got the better of me.

Alex, your input please.

Gosh,

Purpose is the key of life. No purpose, no Life.

Any intention coupled with sincerity and trust works.
I bet you have 'intention' every time you open up someones 'books'. Especially IF you suspect they are 'cooked'. <smiles>

Do you trust your-self to just want to know ?

Practice remembering something not associated with PhotoReading. Like recount at days end all the conversations you had and write them down.

Similiar process, different venue. But the skill will solidify.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I wrote an article on that topic for my blog.
http://www.phoenixquest.com.au/alexk/2008/04/16/purpose2/

When you can say how or why doing (or reading) what you are, will lead you to a desired outcome or destination.

I'm doing / reading this, to attain [insert expected outcome. e.g build strength, acquire understanding about...] so I can... [ what is it you hope do with the gain from your investment of time?]

So I can...

That's how you recognise that you've just stated a purpose.

What helps you fill in the So I can is your imagination. How do you see, feel or hear yourself using the information that you gathered from the book?

Example I'm going to finish the PhotoReading course so I can get through all my future reading requirements much more effectively. Add a little imagination and you can perhaps see yourself finishing text in record time and enjoying more free time with the family, you might feel the relief that comes with knowing that you finished your work during the work hours instead of having to take it home. You might even hear yourself talking about the new knowledge you got from the course of study you had undertaken.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved