Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65811 05/23/08 07:57 PM
OP Offline

I have a couple of questions regarding follow thru and completion...

Several months ago I bought the accelerator and had great results with it at first. I hit a brick wall and stopped following the program, in turn not achieving my goal on time. Alex suggested that I finish it and my mind will put it together. I only have one more session to finish the program, I'm relieved to say. That still doesnt get my goal finished but I'm confident that I will end up finishing. I did learn thru all of this that I have had an issue with following thru with what I've started so I left with valuable info.

To the question: Has anybody had issues with this and what have they done to overcome them?

I'm back and forth as to use the accelerator for this goal. Is it really attainable and measurable on a general level? I've thought about Belief, as my 'struggle' with this is obviously a belief I have. Any advise?

Dan

Learning Strategies Admin

Follow through or lack there of is a common problem with self paced courses. We don't commit the time to our calendar and then forget to do it. It's more often than no there is a loss of motivation. They why we are doing this and what we ultimately hope to get from it is lost in our day to day existence.

My suggestion is you stay your focus on completing the goal. Make a plan and use the Paraliminals as needed. You may want to take another goal through the Accelerator while you keep working on this one. I think we need to give ourselves a break when getting into a new habit it takes 21 to 30 days. And while we commit to our desire to complete a course we get side tracked. The best way not to is to plan for the time when you will do the course each day for the next week and then put a time in the calendar to schedule the next weeks effort.

Congratulations on completing the course once through. It is an achievement even if the 40 days were spaced out \:D

Alex

Dan,

That has been a problem for me also, in general, and with the Accelerator. ADD creates a challenge for me in follow-thru.

I set my goal aside for a while, discovered interconnected issues with the original goal and also realized that I was doing a lot of "interpretation" in my reading of the instructions on the daily Paraliminals. I went back and read through the Accelerator more carefully, including the pamphlets that come with the Paraliminals.

So I fine-tuned my goal with more clarity and more tangible, sensory target results. I also made sure that I had a time and place committed on a daily basis to do the Accelerator, so that its a regular thing each day, like taking a vitamin or drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, whatever you do normally that plugs you into your day, the Accelerator is the same.

Alex's advice is good, as always.

I think it is true that however you go about transformation, your efforts do incubate. Its just a matter of how long it takes to get results and what, specifically, you really want those results to be.

Your comment about belief is very apt. I have been noticing that when a "separate" issue strikes me while using a Paraliminal, it is almost always actually a connected issue and there will be a Paraliminal for that also.

Growth is a fascinating journey and full of adventure. Have fun.

OP Offline

Thank you for both the advice and uplifting words!!!

I want to make sure I have this straight...run another goal thru the accelerator but don't foucs the course on follow thru or completion?

Run through the the accelerator with another goal. Aim to complete the accelerator in 40 days and be kind to yourself it may take 60 days. Just keep going from where you left off.It makes it harder on yourself if you keep saying oh no I missed a day now I have to start over.

AlexK

OP Offline

I will...thank you

Dan

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved