Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#65861 05/28/08 04:26 AM
OP Offline

My kitchen, dinning and lounge is one large open plan room, do I need to treat this as three rooms by working out where imaginary walls would be and divide each of the three rooms in the nine directions or can I divide the whole open plan area into the nine directions. Keeping in mind that part of this room is a kitchen.

Annette S

AnnetteS #65917 05/30/08 11:41 PM

I've heard about this issue before. If I remember correctly it depends on how you feel about the space. Does it feel like there are separate rooms or does it feel like it is all one room? Treat it according to how you perceive the energy in the area. In my house the living room, dining area and kitchen are L shaped with the dining area open to the other 2 areas. No wall. But, I've always felt there was imaginary lines between the 3 areas. So for me it is 3 separate rooms.

Shawn does that sound right to you??

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha AnnetteS,

What purpose are you asking this question for? Are you looking to place a cure or activation card in your "lounge/Living room" because it's doesn't work in that sector in your bedroom or house as a whole?

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Hi Shawn
Not sure I understood your reply! Yes I do want to place cures in my living room, so should I consider it a seperate area from the kitchen and dining part of this open plan room? Also as the kitchen is open to the dining, lounge area, do I need to keep the two kitchen sinks pluged?

Thanks
Annette S

AnnetteS #66022 06/06/08 10:18 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

It may not need to be an "imaginary walls" thing. Some spaces like this have natural dividers like: "steps" to a lower section of the room; a peninsula boarding the kitchen, carpet in the lounge/social space, etc.

If you have the Gold or Diamond course go ahead and set up a consultation, send in your plan and browse it over with a DFS consultant at Learning Strategies.

If you are a Silver addition owner, call in and pick the brain of a DFS Coach at learning Strategies - you get free coaching as part of your course.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

There is no steps as it is one level, there is no peninsula or island to create a boundary for the kitchen as the whole kitchen is built along a wall and the flooring in the open plan area is all the same. I have decided to half this large rectangular open plan room with the living area at one end and kitchen/dining at the other. This can be easily done using furniture.

I still would like to know if I should plug both kitchen sinks when not in use.

I have the silver addition, but as I live at the bottom of the world (New Zealand), phoneing would be an expencive option and there is the different time zones to consider.

Cheers
Anntte S

AnnetteS #66101 06/11/08 05:19 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I'd need some Level Three information about your house before giving you an answer on the plugging the kitchen sink question.

Does this open plan room cover the entire floor of the apartment/home?

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

My home is three levels all levels are the same size (5.5 mt x 11 mt). The ground floor is a double garage and laundry the next level is the kitchen, dining and lounge/living and the 3rd level is bedrooms and bathrooms. The levels are connected by internal stairs on the NW side (no spiral stalrs).
Hope this helps

Cheers Annette S

AnnetteS #66244 06/19/08 09:14 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

At this point I'd agree with northerngal's note above.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Hi Shawn
Yes I have already done what northerngal had suggested as to dividing the room and have divided the open plan space in two. This does'nt answer the question of weather I should plug both sinks in the kitchen area of this open plan room.
It has been nearly 4 weeks since I first asked my question and still I have no clear answer, this is a very frustrating process.

Cheers Annette S

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved