Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have a couple of questions regarding step 3 of the seven step creative process (acceptance).

step 1 (of step 3) says "make a list of anything that comes to mind that could possibly keep you from creating your choice"

What happens if I can't think of everything?

step 2 (also of step 3) says to "change each..detriments into a positive belief.."

how exactly do I do this. The inquiry process doesn't really do that, just proves the false belief is false. for example, it shows how to change "I'm sad that people don't care about the environemnt" to "I'm sad that I don't care about the environment"

also, later on it says to "notice negative beliefs about yourself when they come to the surface of consciousness"

Is there any way I can root them out without waiting for them to come up on their own?

So, to summarize, my two questions are:

How exactly do I form a positive belief from a negative one? I understnad how to use the inquiry process to disprove a false belief, and to rewrite it into a positive belief, but how do I make it an actual belief, and not just words on paper?

Is there any way to uncover negative beliefs without waiting for people to point them out to me? Is there some exercise that I could theoretially lock myself in a cabin and do for a month and come out with all my beliefs vaporized?

Thanks

One thing about beliefs is that you simply cannot state a belief without knowing the opposite.
A well-known universal example would be I am stupid.
The opposite would be I am intelligent.

And you can change this belief very easily. Enter the resource level and say your new belief, see your self in this new role, feel your self as intelligent and use whatever senses that will come up for you. This is very easy to do and only takes a few seconds not hours.

The key is to do it on a constant basis for a few weeks daily. And according to some scientist it will take 21 days plus or minus a few to change this. Some other researchers suggest 30 days.

One fantastic method you can use to find these not so helpful beliefs would be the Over the Wall exercise in the Genius Code. The Genius Code is unparallel in finding answers. And you will be amazed at what treasures you will uncover.

OP Offline

Thanks Kevin, that helps. I had forgotten about the genius code stuff, its been a while since I've been through that course.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved