Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline

I've been photoreading for just over a year now and I'm very enthusiastic to my approach to this system. Here are some things i've tried.

1) prepare <- I get in an altered state. I took 5 minutes before and I found that I could get equal results just taking under 1 minute. When my breathing changes and/or I notice images in my mind's eye, it is a good indicator that i'm in an altered state. Then I imagine an orange on the top back part of my head.

2) preview <- I preview while in state the table of contents, the cover and the summaries. Write down any keywords every 10 pages. Then I photoflip because it only takes 20 seconds.

3) photoread <- While i'm still in state I get into photofocus and visualize an x and notice the spaces. Then I start photoreading.

[20 minutes or a day incubation]

4) super read -> I super read and dip or skitter.

5) rapid read -> the only benefits i've known is that i can see where the book is going by photoreading it first. I kinda have an idea of what info i can skip.

5 alternative -> I also did mind maps, talked about a topic i was photoreading, went to classes, direct learning, and watched a tv show on a book i photoread.

Other than those activation techniques i've tried some experiments with photoreading. I went to the university libraries and to almost every library in my city with a belief that the more text I expose my mind to the better it becomes at picking up information, and I photoflipped 10,000 books (throughout the past over 1 year). I photoflipped every book on psychology i could find in the psychology section of the library. I photoflipped books on different areas that i had no idea about or even ever thought of reading. I've been photoreading the same dictionary several times. I photoflip the same dictionary several times a day. Same with all my school text books. So far I haven't noticed any results that many people on this site claim to have. I'm a self-improvement junky, i've been listening to tapes non-stop for a year. Every chance i get on my free time I do photoreading or self-improvement. I do take some breaks and go places for fun to relax and see if any of the info pops in my head or gels. I would like to have this GEL experience.

Last edited by ZMasterNCreator; 06/13/08 01:24 AM.

Dear ZMasterNCreator

To you also I would recommend the following two links, because its of no use to repeat the same thing over and over:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=24070#Post24070
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=57030&fpart=1

So, try to own the steps for you. It may be so that you may have to superread more number of times. Initially you need to affirm a number of times.

Hope the above links work for you to reduce your frustration.

You have no purpose that is why it is not working for you.

Listening to tapes will not help you learn how to activate you have to do the exercises. Simply listening to a tape will not teach you how to activate you have to do the exercises.

Your story shows that you could photoread hundreds or thousands of books but if you have no purpose you will get little or nothing from a book without a purpose.

Know what your purpose is for the book, do the exercises not simply listen passively to tapes do the exercises, activate in layers i would recommend the 5 day plan mentioned in the photoreading book.

Do these things & you will have a different outcome from what you are currently experiencing.

Your current experiences show that what you are doing is not working. You definitely got feedback that your approach is not working.

Photoread4me

Hi, I have purchased the photoreading over a month ago and I am having same problem. One thing I think I am doing wrong is that, I am panicking and trying to do everything perfectly. May be we need some improvement on our confidence with the system.

OP Offline

Aww, yes the purpose is important. When I create a purpose for the books I photoread or photoflip, I think what i'm going to DO with the information.

For example: If I wanted to read a book on comedy my purpose would be, that I want to learn comedy writing techniques in the book so that I can crack jokes like a comedian. (since the author says you'll talk like a comedian after reading the book)

I'll try that 5 day challenge.

Day 1
prepare step to photoreading step ---> super read and dip ----> create a mind map ---> photoflip ---> incubate

Day 2
prepare step to photoreading step ---> super read and dip ----> photoflip ---> incubate

Day 3
prepare step to photoreading step ---> super read and dip ----> photoflip ---> incubate

Day 4

Day 5
prepare step to photoreading step ---> super read and dip ----> 20 minute incubation ----> create a mind map of the new info i got from all the new passes ----> rapid read ---> incubate

The mind map in the beginning kinda helps with how the books is structured and what i should sort for in the book.

After each pass you are going to pick up different things that are in the book because your experience chages from pass to pass. I have to make sure i am focusing on different points from each pass because learning comes best in layers.

then I will rapid read whatever parts of the book really stood out for me.

Last edited by ZMasterNCreator; 06/13/08 03:51 PM.
OP Offline

Is it possible that I acquired knowledge through photoreading that I'm not aware of until i'm put into a situation that requires me to rely on my inner-resources? Wouldn't that be activation or direct learning?

Last edited by ZMasterNCreator; 06/13/08 03:56 PM.

It does happen, but it is hard to realise that the information is activated in some situation because you will thought that you saw it somewhere else whether than from the PR itself. I know that I have this activation before such as PR every thing that I DON"T HAVE TIME TO REVISE for exam and somehow I know it when I am in the exam, but like I said, I don't even know it because I would have thought I revise it before. But the time also varies a lot. For skill, I will say it is direct learning, and information for activation.

Last edited by Vincent_Tso; 06/13/08 08:52 PM.

Try this do the five day test on the photoreading book. Let your purpose be to find the steps you need to improve on. Try image streaming. Try a syntopic session on Photoreading book, Natural Brillance book,Einstein Factor book,and some accelerated learning or memory books. Write it down as a goal on paper to learn photoreading,set a deadline look at the goal everyday a couple of times visualize yourself finally learning it put emotion in it when you read your goal. Try photoreading upside down too. I have confidence in you are going to get it, because you have not gave up and dont give up. Have you tried post-viewing? I sure it is something small you are leaving out. Did you tell anyone about it?because when you first start something like photoreading be very careful of who you let know,because they can,might,or will plant a negative seed in head unconciously head because of their beliefs.

OP Offline

Hmmmmm.... I wonder how much knowledge that I don't know that i've activated already......

CPW1, how do I image stream in the most effective way? I've heard of that concept before and I don't have any experience with it. Yes I've tried post-viewing. Yes I told family that I was photoreading but i don't care what they think, i can do what i want. So far photoreading has kinda been a pain in the ass for me because i've been enthusiastic for so long and really tried the system and haven't gotten any results. The reason why I was interested in photoreading in the first place was so that i can learn more in less time. I like the way my life use to be because before i wasn't eager to start photoreading because i didn't know about the system. I was satisfied with the conventional way of reading. I can't wait till the day I can finally get this system to work.

What do you mean by 'photoflipping'?

How about if you try to 'channel' by writing out stories in the dark?

Also, look at logic a bit, what I mean here is that I imagine much of what you photoread disagrees with itself, one writer's take on psychology for instance at odds with another author.

Take some key words that are representative of basic ideas, such as 'wisdom', 'balance', 'harmony' and write down what comes up. Then review your notes a day later, mull over them and add to it again and again until a few of these subjects mature with you consciously.

It is like you pointedly let your supra-mind know that hey, I 'stuffed' ten thousand books into you and now I want it to make sense and come to me clear and clean, usable.

One big-little rule I used for this is that I promised to write everything down, keep it, review it and not judge it.

Oh and stop photoreading for a long spell and work only on inspiration of goodly output.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved