Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#66195 06/17/08 05:25 PM
OP Offline

Dear Shawn,
I have a problem with tinninitus (ringing of the ears). Is there an exercise that I can do to eleviate this problem? I can't stand with my eyes closed as it causes me to rock in my feet and I lose my balance. Also the ringing gets worse when I wear earphones for meditation. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Thanks in advance.
Shirley P.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Shirley P.,

Do the exercises with your eyes open. Don't do the mediations or exercises with headphones.

Check out the following post (skipping shr33m's input unless you have a background in TCM-it's not something we do int SFQ):
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/...=true#Post51821

Do the black sesame seed broth and other kidney energy assisting things Chunyi mentions in Level Two.

Ringing in the ears, deafness or hearing not as sharp — work on kidneys. Test by plugging your ears with the fleshy (triangle) part so they’re completely closed, then jiggle your
fingers. If you don’t hear the same in both ears, there is a blockage in the kidneys.

You can also take time during the day to cover the ears completely with the palms of your hands, fingers pointing to the back of the head. Tap the back of the head with the middle finger of each hand, three times each. Repeat.

Much Love, Shawn

Shirley - I have tinnitus as well. But I also tend to clench and grind my teeth at night while I'm sleeping. It's so bad I've actually cracked a tooth.

Teeth grinding can cause a lot of problems in the tempero-mandibular joint (TMJ) including tinnitus and a clicking or popping noise when opening and closing the jaw. I have both of those symptoms.
Here's a link for you to look at:

http://entmd.org/healthinfo/topics/tmj.cfm

There is a Qigong exercise to help relax the TMJ but it's not found on Spring Forest Qigong, it's in the Wuji Qigong style.

Same thing, only different.

Use your index and middle fingers to rub around your lips and mouth while gently opening and closing your mouth. Then, slowly but firmly rub those two fingers down along your jaw line back to the TMJ. Gently but firmly massage the TMJ while opening and closing your mouth.

It really feels good and it relieves my symptoms. I also give Reiki to my TMJ at night, and I have started giving myself affirmations (My jaw will remain fully relaxed while I sleep).

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

...and just sword finger the area right in front of your ears.

Much Love, Shawn

I have been following the tinnitus discussions very closely since my close friend has it due to physical damage (excessive sound volumes)in his youth. His hearing is also very sensitive to sound volume. His name was placed on the group healing sessions. I have done weekly level II sessions with him for the last 10 weeks along with the tapping at the back of the head and swordfinger in front of the ears however no improvement or change has occurred. I still have difficulty detecting blockages and that may be the problem. He has also attended several sessions with a Reiki master prior to our SFQ sessions. We have also tried EFT tapping but that hasn't changed the problem. He has also tried many herbal remedies to no avail. We have not tried the black sesame yet.

Your guidance and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

OP Offline

Thanks Shawn,
I did the exercises and meditation this morning as you suggested.
My tinnitus I have had for 3 years as I had a scope put down my throat checking to see that my cancer had not spread. When I woke my neck hurt so bad and later my ears started ringing and haven't stopped. So annoying as I sometimes have to get people to repeat themselves.I have had Cancer twice and survived it.But the after effects of chemo and radiation has left my body with so many ailments that it has caused me to search for a remedy. I have purchased so many cure alls that Qigong is my last hope.
I will keep you posted as to the effects of Qigong to open blockages in my body.
Shirley

OP Offline

Shawn,
I will try the sword fingers and keep a positive thought while doing it.

Shirley

Shirley, I know our little SFQ support group here in No Cal will meditate for your healing. And Nelson, for your friend.

Nelson, does you friend do the SFQ exercises or meditations? That can help a lot. Healing work from the outside does work, but even better when the person is doing the meditations and active exercises. Small Universe can help a lot with inner problems. And take note of Shawn's suggestion to work on the kidney area and the corresponding area of the spinal column.

But I think that at this point, the more your friend does Small Universe and some active exercise, the better. And keep working on him. It probably IS working, but 10 weeks is not a long time when it comes to serious hearing damage from loud volume. And in case you haven't check out that link to that earlier discussion that Shawn gives above. Gallen's suggestions are often very valuable and helpful (at least I find them so).

Hope all of this helps. And again, I and our little SFQ support group will meditate for healing in your friend's case as well.

blessings,

Steve

shakurav - Thank you for your considerate response. Yes, I have given my friend David the self concentration meditation and I think he does it occasionally but not consistently in addition to his yoga. I need to gently encourage him to continue the meditations. I wanted to start him with SC before I give him SU since I think SC is easier for him to start. My intent was to migrate him to SU however he lost his father this week and so we have "lost our balance" for the time being. Also he will be seeing an audiologist soon and that also has thrown off his focus. I need to keep focussed as well and I appreciate your encouragement. I have found gallen's suggestions to be very helpful as well. I think David will be very encouraged to hear that SFQ support group will meditate for his healing.

Nelson #66358 06/26/08 05:22 AM

You (and David) are welcome. Much healing to him. And you are doing great work!

blessings,

Steve
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved