Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66289 06/21/08 09:53 PM
OP Offline

Hey all,

Two quick questions, any input is welcome.

1)Pete Bissonette stated that he loved going into book shops to photoread "book after book after book." I ask, what is the point of this if you know you won't activate some of them?

And also,

2)When photoreading a novel, after photoreading, you usually go to rapid reading. During rapid reading, are we supposed to be reading normally, yet actively? Asking questions constantly and such?
Thanks.

-JackTuff13

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Finding the ones you do want to activate. Also for the 10 books a day to increased the chances of spontaneous activation.

Rapid Reading is the closest thing to traditional reading in the it begins at the beginning and ends at the end of a book or chapter. It uses all of the activation techniques. As you progress through the book, you can be superreading and dipping, skittering, rhythmically perusing and in analytically reading or turning the pages as fast as PhotoReading. That why I keep recommending that you make the effort to do some activating layers before rapid reading. I know this is not easy to apply on novels that's why I suggest using nonfiction book as a beginner. The more experience you have with the other activation techniques. The more variety, you can adopt during rapid reading. How fast you go on a page, depends on prior knowledge, curiosity, interest, and even if you've already activated that page before, then you would superread it much faster.

I find it helpful to turn chapter headings into question, when I rapid read a book for detail. It speeds up the process of activation for me.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved