Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66624 07/12/08 03:47 PM
apesa Offline OP
OP Offline

I've recently started practicing Qigong level I & II and have dedicated a lot of time in learning and doing the exercises. Last night I was so charged up with energy, I could not fall asleep for hours. I felt the energy vibrating in my lower abdomen and didn't know how to stop the vibration. I tried mediating, praying, etc., and it helped only a little. Does anyone know about this type of experience & how to control it? Not even sure if this is normal or not while doing this type of program. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

Bella

apesa #66644 07/13/08 07:56 PM

Are you doing the grounding exercises at the end? If you're over-charged with chi you can try taking a shower or going for a walk (be safe if it's at night!) or other similar types of activities. Exercise will increase your heart rate and kick your metabolism up a little, so if you decide to walk be sure to make it a calm, soothing "meander", not a "power-walk".

apesa Offline OP
OP Offline

Grounding exercises, I'm guessing you mean the Ending: Harvesting Qi exercise mentioned in level I? If that's the case, come to think of it, I didn't do it on the day of the strange experience I mentioned in my 1st post. I'm feeling rather silly, because I know it says to always finish with this exercise. I haven't done QI since that occurrence. I will try your suggestions. Thank you so much for responding!

Bella

apesa #66655 07/14/08 02:06 PM

I agree with our monkbiker friend and only add that as we open energy channels and move energy around, we often get unusual and sometimes uncomfortable sensations, feelings, etc.

All of that are good signs that we are in fact moving energy and breaking up blockages. Along with everything that MB said, I add, keep up the good work! ;\)

I.e Keep practicing! When such things happen, it is the BEST time to stay consistent in our practice, because breakthroughs are happening and more are close by. We are "three feet from gold" (see Napoleon Hill's book THINK AND GROW RICH, for more on this in a different context).

Truly, you are doing great and this is a very good sign.

blessings,

Steve
apesa Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Shakurav for your inspiration and input! Continue practicing is definitely what I plan on doing! Thanks again!

Bella

apesa #66698 07/16/08 10:26 PM

Hi apesa, my first response was "Are you sure you want the feeling to go away?" My first energetic experience was fantastic, and my inner guidance said to follow SFQ. I spent a fair bit of time trying to have the feeling all the time.

I also know that sometimes, we get more than we want, so following monkbiker's advice to finish meditations as Master Lin has given them to us is a good idea.

As shakurav indicated you should gain confidence from the experience and continue. It's easy to see negative in the feelings associated with energy moving, or the lack of feeling. It is all making things better.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved