Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66696 07/16/08 08:39 PM
Uly Offline OP
OP Offline

Master Lin has said during the 1st & 2nd home study courses than we can imagine butterflies taking away energy & sickness from our bodies to help us heal.

I was wondering because I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...should I be imagining butterflies giving / bringing me energy? I know I also have Kidney & Lung chi deficiency so I could benifit from gaining energy? Or should I imaging the butterflies just taking away my sick energy?

Cheers

Uly

You know, this is an excellent question and I have thought along similar lines.

Under the "for what it's worth" dept, and also, "your mileage may vary", here is what works for me:

I think the butterfly imagery (which Master Lin has a whole meditation based on), is twofold in purpose: a) to substitute something more beautiful and vivid for smoke or air when the excess energy (which Master Lin explains is all every disease or pain is) visualized as leaving our body and b) the transformative symbol of the butterfly (i.e. the dis-ease which is just excess energy, turning from "larvae and pupae" stages into the butterfly and leaving the body.

Having said that, those of us with any kind of "low energy" problem might seem to have a dilemma (as per your question), "But what if I need MORE energy?"

I stay with the image of the butterfly as being the blockage leaving my body. And even a condition such as CMF or other low energy issues, can still be understood as being blockages in the flow of energy, not merely the lack of energy. So first, you want to clear the blockages and then bring in fresh energy.

So for fresh energy, I image colorful light coming into my body into every pore, opening, cell, molecule, atom.

And for something like a qi deficiency in the kidney or lung, I might send myself ( or someone else) colorful light RIGHT INTO THAT AREA (after clearing it first). So for example, I might send using my sword fingers, bright blue light into my kidneys, or bright green light (ala Green Lantern for any fellow comic book fans out there ;\) ) my liver with my palm.

I feel like part of the imagery of the butterfly is for something to fly away from, not fly into (where it would be trapped).

However, light and color is very good (for me) to bring fresh energy into the body.

This is just one approach though, and I am still learning a lot, so I would be interested in other approaches.

I hope that helps you. Helps me!

blessings,

Steve
1 member likes this: JayK

Shakurav gave a great description of Master Lin's meditation.

I recommend it (the CD) highly!

It reminds me of Self Concentration but even more beautiful! ;\)

JEFF

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu

I agree with Jeff's recommendation. The Butterfly Meditation CD does indeed sound like a variation of the Self-concentration meditation. But vive l'differance!

It is my favorite of the variations on the Self-concentration model.

And since I can no longer edit my first message (you would think the system would allow editing of your message for a longer period), let me also correct "CMF" to "CFS", I was attempting to abbreviate "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", but there was a detour somewhere in my brain path!

Originally Posted By: JeffreyC
Shakurav gave a great description of Master Lin's meditation.

I recommend it (the CD) highly!

It reminds me of Self Concentration but even more beautiful! ;\)

JEFF

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Uly,

Most people have a visual memory of butterfly fling off, so that is handy in releasing the excess energy in one's body. "Light"as one experiences from the sun bathing and warming them with light be a more familiar visual for people than "energy"entering the body on your inhales.

Shakurav: As for the Green lantern (I'm not going to ask if you were a Hal Jordan or Alan Scott fan) - what I like about it is the more focus and confidence he has, the more he can do with the energy.

AS for the variations of the Self Concentration exercise, I'm partial to the one from the Euphoria! course.

Much Love,

Shawn

Hi shakurav,

Not sure if you're still active on this forum, but I just wanted to thank you so much your great explanation. I was about to post a question regarding the use of colorful butterflies versus smoke (which I can barely visualize). I've got Master Lin's Butterfly Meditation CD on order.

Jay

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved