Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66760 07/21/08 06:48 PM
OP Offline

I actually look forward to any and all the active exercises, but when it comes to Small Universe, I suddenly find any excuse not to do it. I'm wondering why and what is blocking/preventing me from listening/doing it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Aphrodite

aphrodite #66767 07/22/08 01:56 PM

Aphrodite,

Yes! I know I have. And not only with Small Universe. This is resistance and it is a great sign! Really! It means that you have cleared some blockage and are about to clear another. This is quite common in such development, and I know that this is the time to do the best you can (or the better as you can, or the good asyou can! ;\) ) to do as much of the SU as you can.

What sometimes works for me when I hit a "resistance pocket" (as I like to call it), is to gently bring myself back to the practice or the focus. That might mean for me to do just 5 or 10 minutes of the SU-- maybe only a few cycles "around the block". Or sometimes even one! And after massaging my ears, give myself a pat on the back (without or without cupped hands ;\) ) and know that I am breaking through, that the blockage is clearing.

Another trick I have learned (picked this up from an SFQ coach), is to do some SU WHILE doing the active exercise. This is very effective and is just a great technique on its own terms and to clear the resistance. I used this yesterday, in fact. I did SU while doing about 10-15 minutes of "The Forming of Yin and Yang" and another 10 minutes of "Moving of Yin and Yang". I didn't continue into "The Breathing of the Universe", but I have in the past. It might feel awkward at first, but it gets easier after just a few minutes. The static posture of the "Forming of Yin and Yang" is easiest, but even the moving postures harmonize with SU>

This "doubles up", gives a powerful boost to both practices, and has the added bonus of helping me feel a little more confident and accomplished so I don't feel like I am taking too many steps backward.

Check it out!

blessings,

Steve
shakurav #66810 07/24/08 08:41 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Most of the time, the one you find yourself avoiding, is the one that could be making the most progress for you.

When that shows up for me, I know that if I just start it, and bring my focus on feeling the energy, the visualization, the sound, the breath, or the movement, I become apart of something rather than stuck "doing" something.

As for mixing SU with your active exercises, keep it to what's simple for you. There are all sorts of varieties of things to incorporate, but rather than making things more complicated, stay simple and go deeper into the meditation and finally into the emptiness. Once you're there it doesn't matter if your body is doing an active exercise or combining it with a meditation.

Much Love,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved