Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello to everybody! I'm new in the forum and Spring Forest Qigong.I have already listened to the first three CD's and watched the DVD. I have a question, though, which may sound weird, even silly. Master Lin says that when practicing, one must place one's tongue against the roof of one's mouth. He even suggests doing the same thing in the Qi Sleeping and Qi Walking exercises. I have tried doing this but I have trouble swallowing :(( even though I just touch my palate very slightly with the tip of my tongue ).Has anyone had the same problem? Does it get better with practice? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for any answers.

Zoe

I just place the tip of my tongue on the roof of my mouth right behind my teeth and let it rest lightly there.

I've never had a problem swallowing with my tongue in that position. Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. I'd suspect that if you just relax and let it happen you'll be OK. It might uncomfortable for you because it's different, but I'm betting that the discomfort and strangeness will pass in time.

Try and relax and let things unfold naturally. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Hi Zoe,

Look for the most sensitive place on the roof of your mouth. That is where the qi is the strongest. For most I believe it is the highest part behind the teeth.

By the way, I love Athens! Do you like living there?

Welcome to SFQ!

JEFF

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
OP Offline

Monkbiker & Jeff,thank you so much for answering my question.
I am just starting with my qigong practice and it already feels wonderful - soothing and comforting after a long and stressful day. I surely hope it will help to ease my headaches and sinus inflammation.I'll keep in touch with how I'm doing.
P.S. Jeff, I have a love-hate relationship with Athens.
It's noisy, polluted and swamped in concrete but we always know how to have a good time here! \:D

Sorry , this is not an answer but a question (I have not figured out how to place a question in the forum). If one has a dental plate should it be taken off while doing the SFQ exercices so that the tip of the tongue will touch the roof of the mouth, or could it be that just touching the dental plate at the roof of the mouth is sufficent.
Thank you so much

Hi Ghyslaine,

It is OK to keep your palate in place when doing qigong as the chi is perfectly able to pass through it.
The main thing is to have the intention to have the chi move.

Chi transcends time and space.

Love & light
Faune

Thank you so much for your answer

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved