Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66828 07/25/08 04:27 AM
NeoZon Offline OP
OP Offline

This book was referenced in The AFL course.

I was half way through reading this book when I came to apart about Sai Baba, a man who could make things materialize. Watching the video's on YouTube and it clearly looks like a hoax. This was part of his evidence to explain the Holographic Universe. Does this mean that his book is just based off other people's opinions? Credibility points are lost. I still am gone to finish reading this book, but it is gone to be hard to recover from this.

I think the problem with ideas like "The Holographic Universe" is that they are metaphors. Powerful, inspiring, empowering metaphors, but metaphors that people seem to need to believe "actually true". Like in the bible, it talks about how the holy spirit desended on Jesus, and they describe a Dove.

To me that is just a metaphor in a story that is trying to illustrate what happens when you wash away unhelpful thinking. The world clears up, you see things in a different light, etc etc.

To some the Dove is a Metaphor for the True Holy Spirit, that descended on the REAL HISTORICAL JESUS, others insist it was actually a real live dove that actually came down.

I think if you stick with the metaphor angle, and stay away from dudes on youtube trying to "prove" their metaphor, you'll be ok.

I just read a book called "Metaphors we live by" by Lakoff and Johnson, an easy to read book about the metaphors that are inherent and extremely prevelent in our everyday language.

And boy howdy, reality does NOT look the same to me now.

I think my take away from the holographic universe would be more along the lines of "we are made in god's image" or we are all manifested of the same conciousness energy, and everything posseses the same inherent basic interactive properties, be it between particles, people, dogs and cats, aliens and predators, etc etc. Or it could just be a wild hallucination based on how our brains are structure.
I haven't read that actual book but i've read several articles on the subject, so i could be totally off base.

Sai Baba seems rather far fetched being able to materialize physical things although there are others who are better and faster at it than he was. On a practical level, Bill Gates could make a phone call and have a cool million on his desk within an hour without breaking a sweat. Maybe he doesn't even need to make a phone call.

When you cross over to Mythology the Holographic Universe seems a rather technical way of explaining this new experience. It seems Spiritual, it's opening to enlightenment, it's beyond these physical bonds, it's freedom on a deep and personal level,
"I'll take a bag of that Shakti and two of some Manna, please".

Having known someone who knew Sai Baba, whom I thought was a credible person, it seemed that his ability to materialize things was pretty minor compared to what he could really do.

K

I've never felt completely right with Sai Baba.

Interesting book though.

Not disagreeing with you regarding Sai Baba, seems like a bit of Voodoo mixed in there.

K

well, I do know sai baba is for real... only because someone I knew went to India and right in front of him Sai Baba materialized something. Anyhow the person I know that saw it is a very descriminating person and also extremely intuitive so he would get a pretty clear idea of what was going on....

Wonder how old Sai Baba is?

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved