Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello everyone! I am new to using paraliminals. I have been listening to Memory Supercharger for about two months now. First I listened every day for a week like the instructions said but after talking to a coach on the phone,I was told to listen just once a week.

My short and long term memories haven't seemed to improve. I still have trouble remembering facts and info from my days in school. I have been out of school for twenty years. I was hoping memory supercharger would help me recall what I studied and also help me remember new info that I read,hear,and see.

I have a very poor memory because I have depression and I take several medications that seem to worsen my ability to recall anything.

Is there anything I could try differently that would help me improve my memory with the paraliminal? Or is it not working for me because I am depressed?

I would really appreciate any tips or advice anyone can give me to help me improve my memory.

Thank you!

Dave

I believe one way to get out of a negative status as you are is through dowsing. Marie Diamond is offering an excellent course on it (NB I haven't bought it yet, but it sounds really good from the material LSC have provided). You need to change your energy and that around you. As your energy changes, I believe the Paraliminals will become more effective. Good luck.

Please talk to your doctor about the side effects. There may be alternatives to the medications you are taking, or a change in dose or dosing schedule that could make a difference.

Diet-learn what you can do to improve, such as eating fish, especialy salmon, at least once per week.

The paraliminal is great- I hear your anxiety about whether it is working. Instead, listen to it and then wonder what effects you will notice that day.... you will see things that perhaps you were not expecting, or when you were expecting, because by just being curious, you remove expectation and anxiety and let your unconscious mind work for you.

Another *very powerful* thing you can do, is every time you DO remember something, even small things like where you put your keys or buying milk while you are out, THANK YOUR UNCONSOIUS MIND. the more gratitude you give yourself for remembering, the more remembering you will do.

All the best

vitaman

Hi Dave,

I am new to Paraliminals also, but I do find them very helpful. The reason I heard of them was because there is Holocync technology in them and I have been meditating while listening to Holosync CDs for almost one year now. I find it fascinating and truly a life changing experience.

I do believe that you need to focus on the depression issue and let the memory be a side effect to it. You say that you have depression. I don't think any of us has depression, I believe that we all make depression, but because we make it very unconsciously, it feels as if we have it and there is nothing we can do about it.

The reason why I mentioned Holosync is because it makes mediation very easy and also it intensifies the witnessing state in all of us. By increasing the witnessing state we watch with curiosity how we make things. Once we become aware of what we make, what we don't want falls off because we wouldn't want to make anything undesirable consciously, we make them unconsciously. Please do your own research on Holosync in this link, http://www.centerpointe.com/

I hope you find it useful. All this combined with Paraliminals is a method that will only give you wonderful results.

Best of luck to you.

I meditate using Holosync too, but I also use Paraliminals frequently.

However, I also found that the ideas of Eckhart Tolle are helping me understanding better how the human mind works. His interviews with Oprah are really good.

Another good way of understanding how our mind work is Pyscho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.

All this will help you understand how your mind creates depression. This will assist you in getting out of it. If you leave in the present moment and concentrate on it, it is less likely that you get depressed. Depression is fear or anger of past events or future situation you imagine yourself.

You are right about Eckhart Tolle.
I personally am a huge fan of Maxwell Maltz. Psycho Cerb (new).
Another recommendation is Dr. Nathaniel Branden's Art of Living Consciously or any of his books really.

If you THINK you are depressed then find answers from Dr. Branden's work - I credit his work (and Brain Sync's Universal Mind Meditation I) in turning my life around at rocket speed (no kidding!).

Another 100% guaranteed results will come from fitness and health. Eat well, workout at least 60 minutes EVERY DAY - doesn't have to be intense, even a walk in a shopping centre will do you good and make sure you get enough sleep. I don't believe in taking medication for my down moods so I used to workout quite a bit - and they kept me SANE for the most part. Of course, everyone is different so try to incorporate exercise as well as medication if you must.

Last edited by decision2change; 08/22/08 05:57 PM.
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

When you listen to the Memory Supercharger Paraliminal do you start the listening session thinking about what it is you want to remember? It's the best Paraliminal to use after studying telling yourself that you want to remember this for exams.

There is one aspect of memory that must be considered. Use it or lose it. That's why it's important to review what you learned. Review it daily for a week and then once a week for a month and then once a month for 6 months then the information is naturally yours to recall. If you're not actively doing something like that then despite your best intention the mind isn't going to make it easy to recall. It's like laying down a path to the information. Without it it's difficult to access it if you walk the route a few times it's easier to get there.

AlexK

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved